Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 400 discs of horror!!!  (Read 2046 times)

Depechemode1993

• Trade Count: (0)
400 discs of horror!!!
« on: December 11, 2004, 12:46:27 PM »
ok.... well I have this project I am doing for my dad which is to copy all of his 400 discs he has to put in his new 400 disc cd changer he got and I have to rip all of the cd's since they are butchered beyond belief and then burn them with the track names becasue he wants to get them very organized... is there and easier way then ripping the files to wav then renaming the files?  It takes forever!! does anyone know how I can do this?

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stomach Full of Regret
Re: 400 discs of horror!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 01:35:01 PM »
I've never used Apple's Itunes to burn cd's, but I know that when you import a cd into Itunes, it goes on to the web and pulls the album name and song titles into Itunes.  I would think that when you burn it though Itunes, the information would be burned onto the cd as well. 

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:31 PM »
EAC and Xcdroast both will consult cddb or it's equivalent to identify the tracks and name them.  Only works for commercial releases that have been inetered into the databases but should get most of them.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 03:30:23 PM »
Itunes definitely does it.  In my experiance, very rarely does it not have the info of the disc.  Im pretty sure the Itunes store in linked to the database, so that broadens there info quite a bit.  Ive even put in widely circulated (freed) live recordings and had the info come up. Itunes is free to download as well.  I love it.  I have macs, but the PC version is almost identical.  I have toast and usually use it to burn, however I have used Itunes to burn a few compilation CD's and had no trouble.  Just make sure in preferences it is set to No Gap.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com