Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best way to attack loud clapping using izotope RX6 Advance  (Read 3353 times)

Offline StPatric

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
best way to attack loud clapping using izotope RX6 Advance
« on: August 07, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »
So I have a few recent recordings where the people close to me were just clap happy. Mostly between songs, but there is also spots during the music where it was just as clap crazy ! I upgraded from RX4 Advance to RX6 with the understanding that the newer version was better at attacking this problem ? Well I spent the day looking on the net with little help. I came here and took a look around to see if their is more recent info on this subject. I was treating each clap, one at a time bring the volume down for the high lighted area in RX4. As you can guess it is a very time consuming ( Though very effective ) way to solve the problem. Hoping for a more efficient way to go ? Thanks .

Offline EmRR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
Re: best way to attack loud clapping using izotope RX6 Advance
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:43:46 AM »
I'm new to 6 as well.  Have you tried the 'find similar' command?  Can it lead to a batch process that's useful? 
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN
Recorders: Zoom F8n, Sony MZ-R50

Offline calrust

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 03:07:31 AM »
Use the de-click tool with the vinyl record setting....you can use it over large stretches of audio instead of dealing with each individual handclap...you will be amazed about the job it does!

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:39:57 PM »
might be some better info over in the computer processing section
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline robeti

• Trade Count: (39)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 04:38:17 PM »
new to RX as well. Checking in to follow:)
mics schoeps mk22/mk4/mk41 (matched) | nakamichi cm-300 (JB mod/cp1/cp2/cp3) | nakamichi cm-50 | primo em4052pmi4's | sp-cmc-4u/at-853 4.7k mod (shotguns/h/c/sc/o) | ca-11 c/o | ca-14 c
power ca-ubb | ca-9200 | nbob actives > baby nbox | schoeps cmbi (pair)
recorder roland r-05 
video panasonic zs100 | panasonic hdc-sd600 | sony hx9v | sony hx50v | samsung s23 ultra
playback fiio m17 > final d8000

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 05:18:34 PM »
Use the de-click tool with the vinyl record setting....you can use it over large stretches of audio instead of dealing with each individual handclap...you will be amazed about the job it does!

yep! 
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Jarts don't kill people!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 05:29:56 PM »
Use de-click.  Start light and preview. 

Be very self-aware and remember to walk away if you begin to get frustrated at all.  you can always drink and beer and come back and pick it up later.  It can be really easy to overdo it.
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline StPatric

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 01:06:17 PM »
So I have taken the advice and guidance given here and some other places where I ask the same question. Thanks for the input, very much appreciated. I am still playing around with and still need to give it a real critical listen to see how I will apply this in the future. It does take care of tampering down the clapping being so much louder than the recorded music. Which in the end is what I wanted to accomplish ! I really don't care if you hear it or not. What I want is it not be the loudest thing you hear during the recording ! Please keep the comments and ideas coming on the subject, thanks again.

Offline StPatric

• Taperssection Regular
best way to attack loud clapping using izotope RX6 Advance
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »
I have this posted in the how to forum, and someone said I should post here also ....

So I have a few recent recordings where the people close to me were just clap happy. Mostly between songs, but there is also spots during the music where it was just as clap crazy ! I upgraded from RX4 Advance to RX6 with the understanding that the newer version was better at attacking this problem ? Well I spent the day looking on the net with little help. I came here and took a look around to see if their is more recent info on this subject. I was treating each clap, one at a time bring the volume down for the high lighted area in RX4. As you can guess it is a very time consuming ( Though very effective ) way to solve the problem. Hoping for a more efficient way to go ? Thanks .

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
No experience of RX4/6, but use Sony Noise Reduction 'Click and Crackle Removal', set to 'for manually fixing small sections'. The default setting is excellent.  I find that, sometimes, it will result in a dulling or hollow quality to the applause. It helps to eq the applause, or even the whole file, to accentuate the applause (visually, make the spikes higher in amplitude) and then run NR.  Oddly, and I'm sure there is a reason for this, I've never found this pre-eq necessary on mini-disc recordings, which seem very bright in this range. Hope this helps.   

Offline StPatric

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 02:09:19 PM »
I am on a PC format, and I think Sony is Mac ? If my memory is still with me ? Mini disk recordings are clipped even more than CD's so that might explain not hearing something in that format ? Thanks for you info.

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 03:41:48 AM »
St P   I use Sony (formerly Sonic Foundry) in Windows 7.  The version I use dates from SF days, as I don't really see the benefit of the later 'upgrades'. 

Windows 10 doesn't support the plug-ins properly. They work, but lack of hlp support generates error messages. There is a patch for this in W7, but not W10.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com