Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Data Recovery  (Read 3007 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
Data Recovery
« on: May 11, 2004, 08:39:07 AM »
Without sounding too much like a commercial I have used two products in the past few days that both worked well for recovering data from crashed hdd's.  

The first program was PC Inspector File Recovery.  It was time consuming (2-3 hours per scan for logical drives), but it gave me access to my data in chunks prior to an error message that would force a reboot and hence another 2-3 hour scan.  When it worked it just worked OK.

Out of frustration (read:impatience) I checked out another product called Stellar Phoenix 8.0 NTFS and FAT.  Man, what a friggin' slick like application.  Not only did it save time (2-3 MINUTES versus 2-3 HOURS for a logical scan) but it gave me access to EVERYTHING on the hdd.  Let me quickly define everything.  This program not only gives me access to data that is on the lost drive that I knew was there and needed, but it gave me access to stuff I deleted SIX MONTHS AGO adn was never overwritten.  

Just and FYI for those of you ditching old hdd's in an upgrade.  You better smack that thing with a hammer a bunch of times if it has sensitive information on it.

...Kk

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:41:41 PM by DarkStarJedi »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com