Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: zoom h2  (Read 143595 times)

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
Re: zoom h2
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »
I just found a pic of one open for those interested, here's the mic array...

...from http://picasaweb.google.com/surround2011org/ZOOMH2

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline Kevin T

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
If the mic capsules are being overloaded not the pre amp / electronics how bout( This may seem silly but) what about some sonic attenuation on the capsules themselves like the better wide band earplugs that attenuate several db spl over wideband.?

KT

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2008, 12:08:03 AM »
If the mic capsules are being overloaded not the pre amp / electronics how bout( This may seem silly but) what about some sonic attenuation on the capsules themselves like the better wide band earplugs that attenuate several db spl over wideband.?

KT

I tried to mod the mic capsules to reduce distortion I was able to do that but... It came at a huge cost of increased noise floor. So reducing the distortion is not the only problem what is needed is a reduction of distortion and then a buffer amp with a slight boost to gain back some of the lost sensitivity from the mod. Its a pointless exercise because the benefits are out weighed by the degradation of the S/N and the cost of the mod would be almost 75% of the cost of the H2...

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Kevin T

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
excellent & logical responce. I often think we already got WAY more capability than we have a right to considering the price! I for one can live with its short commings. But then if the isolation material was
removable like a wind cover :) sorry the engineer in me wanted to solve the problem regardless of $

Thanks
Kevin

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »
Zoom H2 ASIO driver has been released - see http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/software/h2.php#c - should enable much better experience when using the H2 as an audio interface with many recording / DAW applications.  Note that you have to have system software 1.3 installed first.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2008, 04:32:23 AM »
Note that you have to have system software 1.3 installed first.
. . . and Windows. . . (the ASIO driver installs from a .exe file)

Operation environment
=====================
 -  H2 System Version 1.30 or later
 -  Operating system: Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista
 -  Verified application: Steinberg Cubase LE4
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline micmonster

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2008, 03:18:14 AM »

I tried to mod the mic capsules to reduce distortion I was able to do that but... It came at a huge cost of increased noise floor. So reducing the distortion is not the only problem what is needed is a reduction of distortion and then a buffer amp with a slight boost to gain back some of the lost sensitivity from the mod. Its a pointless exercise because the benefits are out weighed by the degradation of the S/N and the cost of the mod would be almost 75% of the cost of the H2...

That's bad news :-[ . Do you have another idea to increase the spl? Whould it make sense to change the capsules to achieve a higher spl? If yes, which capsules would you recommend (they should be available in germany)?

Thanks, micmonster

Offline micmonster

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #292 on: May 20, 2008, 09:13:17 AM »
No idea?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com