Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: digitising vinyl  (Read 2335 times)

Offline stereorific

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
digitising vinyl
« on: June 26, 2016, 05:48:23 AM »
a bit off topic, but i'm gonna be housebound for a while (after surgery) and have decided to spend that time digitising a heap of vinyl to take with me on a "recovery trip".  got in touch with sound devices to see what leads i would need and got really not helpful answers.  so i thought i'd ask the experts.  i have a 702t and want to take a line out from my hifi into the xlr's (i assume).  is this the way home go?  sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but i've never done this before (so please be gentle with me.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: digitising vinyl
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:24:28 AM »
Just as long as you have a LINE level out of your hifi you can just run into the recorder the same as if you were taking a SBD feed.

Personally I use my M10 to transfer vinyl. RCA > Mini. Obviously a 702 will have a different input.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline stereorific

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »
thanx for that.  so is ok to take the line out from ny hifi (this is unbalanced) into the xlr's on the 702 (they are balanced), or are there some precautions I need to take?

backwhereubelong

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:54:26 PM »
I have used the XLR procedure any of time but I find that the signal is a bit too hot and you basically have to turn down the recording input to almost nothing to avoid overloading and/or clipping.  I actually prefer the RCA > 1/8 input method using high-quality cables.  This setup is much nicer as the levels are accurate with no clipping.  Just my thoughts, YMMV.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com