Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stay with CMC-8 and SP-SB-3 _OR_ move to CA-11/STC-9000?  (Read 11733 times)

Offline Liquid Drum

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Stay with CMC-8 and SP-SB-3 _OR_ move to CA-11/STC-9000?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2008, 05:20:18 PM »
I got mine around jan-feb this year.
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2008, 06:16:19 PM »

Actually my new version of the 9100 preamp puts out 8 volts and there is no difference what so ever between 8 and 9 volts as far as performance goes. If you have one that puts out 3.5 volts its a really REALLY old one.

<modified to reduce appearance of dissatisfaction>
I guess mine is older than I thought.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 12:14:31 AM by SmokinJoe »
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2008, 10:30:57 PM »
Is my 3.5 volt one going to screw me over with my busman active nak 300s?

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 12:13:08 AM »

Look I am not 100% sure when I made the transition. I dont promise anything to anyone and not keep my word. I am sorry about that second I think your really trashing me here in public and that kinda sucks.. I would be more then happy to do the upgrade for you. Products change they developed and improve.. I DONT improve my products so I can make more money from customers...  I improve them because NOTHING IS PERFECT
^^ Agreed.

My apologies Chris... I didn't mean to personally slam you in public.  I think you make good product, and one of the few that make product just for our hobby.  My very poor attempt at humor obviously went over poorly.  My bad.

I would like to remind the world in general that I do own CA mics with card and omni caps, and an ST-9100, and that I've had good luck with it.  I took the experimental stuff to Mountain Jam and have torrented samples.  I publicly said in another thread that the best pull of the weekend was when I mixed CA Omnis > 9100 > R4 with my Sennheiser ME-66 > R4.  I loaned my CA cards and ST9100 out to a few people so they could try them, and I think a couple of people bought soon after.  I think in general I have been a supporter of Church Audio products. 

The point of this thread is to "what should this guy do".  Some people are saying "what you have should work", other people are saying "buy new mics and pre", and someone else suggesting he buy a new preamp to go with his existing AT mics... at that point in the thread I mentioned my experience, because my experience didn't show this was beneficial to him.  I had no idea some were 3.5v and others were 8v, or that this might concern people.  I just didn't know.  The bottom line is that it won't matter to 98% of us.  Chris's products work well together.  The AT mics with the reduced sensitivity mod should work with Chris's pre.  New pres work fine with ATs.  I'm in the 2% category, and most of you are not.

In my mind, this thread is about helping this guy with his concerns, not about boosting or trashing CA products.  I apologize to all of you if I was responsbile for derailing it, and suggest we get back on track.

Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 12:21:14 AM »

Look I am not 100% sure when I made the transition. I dont promise anything to anyone and not keep my word. I am sorry about that second I think your really trashing me here in public and that kinda sucks.. I would be more then happy to do the upgrade for you. Products change they developed and improve.. I DONT improve my products so I can make more money from customers...  I improve them because NOTHING IS PERFECT
^^ Agreed.

My apologies Chris... I didn't mean to personally slam you in public.  I think you make good product, and one of the few that make product just for our hobby.  My very poor attempt at humor obviously went over poorly.  My bad.

I would like to remind the world in general that I do own CA mics with card and omni caps, and an ST-9100, and that I've had good luck with it.  I took the experimental stuff to Mountain Jam and have torrented samples.  I publicly said in another thread that the best pull of the weekend was when I mixed CA Omnis > 9100 > R4 with my Sennheiser ME-66 > R4.  I loaned my CA cards and ST9100 out to a few people so they could try them, and I think a couple of people bought soon after.  I think in general I have been a supporter of Church Audio products. 

The point of this thread is to "what should this guy do".  Some people are saying "what you have should work", other people are saying "buy new mics and pre", and someone else suggesting he buy a new preamp to go with his existing AT mics... at that point in the thread I mentioned my experience, because my experience didn't show this was beneficial to him.  I had no idea some were 3.5v and others were 8v, or that this might concern people.  I just didn't know.  The bottom line is that it won't matter to 98% of us.  Chris's products work well together.  The AT mics with the reduced sensitivity mod should work with Chris's pre.  New pres work fine with ATs.  I'm in the 2% category, and most of you are not.

In my mind, this thread is about helping this guy with his concerns, not about boosting or trashing CA products.  I apologize to all of you if I was responsbile for derailing it, and suggest we get back on track.

Well I feel bad too... I am sorry I did not mean to react like that. Anyway lets fix this please I want you to be happy honestly I take things very personally, I do really care about my customers. I have only really had 2 customers I could not make happy and I still think about them to this day. So lets fix this send it to me when you have the time let me look it over. I can tell how old it is by the insides. And I will fix you up.

Ok

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »
I loaned my CA cards and ST9100 out to a few people so they could try them, and I think a couple of people bought soon after.  I think in general I have been a supporter of Church Audio products. 

Just thought I'd chime in that I was one of the people who SmokinJoe kindly loaned out the CA-11/9100 to who subsequently purchased them from CA.  I did happen to sell the CA-11s for financial reasons later, but still use the 9100 every time with my 4.7k modded AT853 mics, with great results.  As for the OP's question, I would use the 9100 if only for the convenience of adjusting the gain on the 9100 instead of the recorder as I find it easier under stealthy situations.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com