Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Digital Coax -> USB question  (Read 3466 times)

Offline alzeppelin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Digital Coax -> USB question
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:08:46 PM »
I'm in the middle of DAT conversions and am looking for a way to convert the digital coax output from my DAT player into a USB input for my laptop.  So far all I can find are adapters which turn a usb signal into Digital coax and I need the opposite.   Is there a simple affordable adapter any of you have used?

Here is the way the signal would transfer:

Sony DAT player->Digital coax output->(adapter/convertor needed)->USB 2.0 input on laptop

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: Digital Coax -> USB question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 04:38:34 PM »
http://www.esi-audio.com/products/u24xl/ is what I used before I got my Microtrack, now I just run DAT>MT and then transfer via USB.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 05:30:46 AM »
http://www.esi-audio.com/products/u24xl/ is what I used before I got my Microtrack, now I just run DAT>MT and then transfer via USB.

Any idea if this is bit accurate? Does it resample?
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
Slight error above - I actually used the U24XL's predecessor, the Waveterminal U2A. At the time, Jamie Lutch did pretty exhaustive testing of the U2A and reported on the DAT-Heads list that it was indeed bit-accurate, which is why I bought it. I have to assume that the U24XL is also bit-accurate, but of course I cannot confirm it since I don't own one.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com