Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Favorite bit box deck?  (Read 7080 times)

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
Re: Favorite bit box deck?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 03:27:46 PM »
I recently got a new mkiii and it had this adapter

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
Actually, what you have looks like that adapter in that picture, but it is different. The adapter on the MKII shown above is 2.5mm trrs to RCA female, and the adapter on the MKIII is 3.5mm (1/8) mono to RCA female. The MKII has 3 black bands on the 2.5mm post and the MKIII has 1 black band on its 3.5mm post. They are not interchangeable. The picture I showed in my post is not what comes with the deck, it is to show you have options, because on the MKIII there are lots of easily substituted replacements, which was not the case on the MKII.

The picture shown has the cable on the side so it is an MKII. The MKIII has the digital jack on the top. The cables look the same, but up close you can see they are different and not interchangeable.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:45:58 PM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 04:13:29 PM »
Actually, what you have looks like that adapter in that picture, but it is different. The adapter on the MKII shown above is 2.5mm trrs to RCA female, and the adapter on the MKIII is 3.5mm (1/8) mono to RCA female. The MKII has 3 black bands on the 2.5mm post and the MKIII has 1 black band on its 3.5mm post. They are not interchangeable. The picture I showed in my post is not what comes with the deck, it is to show you have options, because on the MKIII there are lots of easily substituted replacements, which was not the case on the MKII.

The picture shown has the cable on the side so it is an MKII. The MKIII has the digital jack on the top. The cables look the same, but up close you can see they are different and not interchangeable.

Since nobody mentioned sizes before... thanks, obviously they can't be interchanged
I would still prefer to use the breakout cable provided than the adapter from rat shack,
but I no longer own a SPDIF Out preamp, so I may never need the Digital In on the mkiii unless I need to retransfer a DAT
I really like the size of this unit and plan on using it in low profile situations without a preamp since the S/N ratio is up to 109dB

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »

Since nobody mentioned sizes before... thanks, obviously they can't be interchanged
I would still prefer to use the breakout cable provided than the adapter from rat shack,
but I no longer own a SPDIF Out preamp, so I may never need the Digital In on the mkiii unless I need to retransfer a DAT
I really like the size of this unit and plan on using it in low profile situations without a preamp since the S/N ratio is up to 109dB
It is a great deck with excellent specs, I agree. And since most owners will not have owned the MKII first, and since the picture was from the MKII I wanted to try to be clear although it may be a small point for most. I like the rat shack adapter because it doesn't stick out quite as far and I worry about it being bent, however the cable it came with is very good. I have found a right angle one and that could be good if the deck were laying face up in a bag.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com