Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problem with xACT 1.73 - 'FFPs don't match'  (Read 3130 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Problem with xACT 1.73 - 'FFPs don't match'
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
Greetings all,

1st off, thanks to everyone who has given me such good advice on a variety of subjects in the past. I hope someone can help me with this one:

I have an aging, 2005, iMac. (OS X, version 10.5.8). The only version of xACT I have been able to run with my computer is xACT 1.73. When I try to encode files to FLAC, after extracting the WAV files from a disc, I've been having a problem.

People that I have sent FLACs to, that I have encoded, tell me that the FFPs don't match, and they are getting errors. (I have never been able to decode FLACs with xACT 1.73 that others have sent to me without checking the 'Decode Through Errors' button.) Otherwise, it will error on each track. As long as the 'Decode Through Errors' button is checked, everything works fine.

I think I am following the online instructions to the letter. This was the website that I got info from as to do the extractions and encode to FLAC:
http://puddletowndesign.com/FLAC/macRipping.html

I have been extracting CDRs from my collection and storing the WAV files on an external hard disc. I don't want to encode the lot of them to FLAC until I figure out why the Flac Fingerprints have problems.

I don't understand why I'm getting these error codes. Until I upgrade my computer, I cannot use a newer version of xACT. (Because of $$ problems, I won't be able to get a newer computer for a while.)

Can anyone shed some light on this? I really like the xACT program. I just wish that I wouldn't be getting these errors.

Thanks,

ONT.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Problem with xACT 1.73 - 'FFPs don't match'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:24:40 PM »
If I am reading it right, you are ripping audio CDs to wav/aiff
Then
You are converting them to flac
From there
you are trying to make ffp and they are not checking out for you or others
Or
Did the ffp get made from the ripped songs or did you have them already?

I would try to reinstall xact first and see if you have the same trouble
But could it be that you have a ffp and when you rip/make flaws they don't match up and that's normal I think
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Marshall7

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:46:44 PM »
I'm one of the guys that Jeff sends his recordings to.  This is kind of a typical transfer:

Master DAT > Tascam DA-P1 > coax > HHb CDR 800 PRO > AIFF > .WAV (via xACT 1.73)

I don't have problems when he does this and just sends the .WAV's, but on the occasions when he's FLAC'd the .WAV's I've always had errors when I decoded them (i.e FLAC fingerprints don't match).

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 01:15:40 AM »
If I am reading it right, you are ripping audio CDs to wav/aiff
Then
You are converting them to flac

Yes.

From there
you are trying to make ffp and they are not checking out for you or others
Or
Did the ffp get made from the ripped songs or did you have them already?

After I extract the CD with xACT to WAV, I encode to FLAC. If I send those FLAC files to someone else, when they decode them they get an error code that says that the FLAC fingerprints don't match. I don't do anything with fingerprints.

If I try to decode FLACs that I get electronically through Wetransfer.com, it will error when I try to decode them unless I click on the 'Decode Through Errors' button.

I guess I could try reinstalling xACT and see if that works. Why is xACT behaving this way?

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 07:52:13 AM »
There's nothing to install for xACT, so there would be nothing for you to reinstall.

Have you tried any other program to convert to flac to see if you have the same issue?

Offline JimmieC

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 09:56:32 AM »
Your FLACs play just fine for me.  I don't have a mac but 1.73 looks like a pretty old version of xACT.  They are on 2.23 now.  May be a bug in the way they used to write the FFP files?
OH Grown
Mic:AKG C460B(CK61)/HM1000(CK32/CK47), Naiant Couplings/PFA, ADK-TL; Preamp:Lunatec V2, Naiant Littlebox v1.5; Rec:Tascam DA-P1/DR-100mkii/DR-680; Cable:GAKcables; Bar:Shure A27M, Robb Bar 23-cm, it-goes-to-eleven DINa Active Bar, GAK 3' Bar; Mount:Shure A53M, Audix MC-MICRO; Clamp:AKG K&M 237, Photek Grip Clamp w/Manfrotto 042; Stand: Manfrotto Alu Master 3 Riser 12' AC Stand/122B, Lowel Full Pole; Battery:18000mah Universal Lithium Battery; Playback:laptop>Schiit Modi>Yamaha HTR5890>Klipsch Synergy F2. My recordings on LMA

Marshall7

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »
Your FLACs play just fine for me.  I don't have a mac but 1.73 looks like a pretty old version of xACT.  They are on 2.23 now.  May be a bug in the way they used to write the FFP files?

Yeah, they play fine.  But they don't extract without the error message.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »

2.x doesn't work with power pc machines

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.164 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com