Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver question - bit rate??  (Read 2199 times)

Offline NotSoBlüe

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stop it.
iRiver question - bit rate??
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:17:05 PM »
I posted this in team iRiver, but I'm reposting here because I'm really anxious to fix this!!  Thanks~
Hey - Maybe someone here can assist...
I recorded 3 bands last night onto my iRiver. 1st and 3rd came out fine but the 2nd one wont play. Its on there as a wav file, but when i try to play it on my computer it says: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.
So when I go into explorer and roll over the file, well when I roll over the other 2 recordings from last night they both say: Type: Wave Sound  Bit Rate: 1411 kbps  Size: 0.98 GB (or whatever size)
When i roll over the problem file - it shows all this same info EXCEPT the Bit Rate info. I dont think I changed anything on the device while recording... anyone know what may be up? I really want to hear this!!
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. - Mitch Hedberg

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re: iRiver question - bit rate??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:21:58 PM »
Maybe a bad header?  Try opening the problem file in CD-Wave, and if it asks if you want to overwrite the header, say yes.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 02:27:52 PM »
I posted this in team iRiver, but I'm reposting here because I'm really anxious to fix this!!  Thanks~
Hey - Maybe someone here can assist...
I recorded 3 bands last night onto my iRiver. 1st and 3rd came out fine but the 2nd one wont play. Its on there as a wav file, but when i try to play it on my computer it says: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.
So when I go into explorer and roll over the file, well when I roll over the other 2 recordings from last night they both say: Type: Wave Sound  Bit Rate: 1411 kbps  Size: 0.98 GB (or whatever size)
When i roll over the problem file - it shows all this same info EXCEPT the Bit Rate info. I dont think I changed anything on the device while recording... anyone know what may be up? I really want to hear this!!

What's the bit rate info?  Sure you didn't accidently record to wavpack?
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline NotSoBlüe

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Stop it.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 02:44:08 PM »
It opened in CD wave - said something like the header is bad but assuming the rest is good, open anyway?  My friend opened it in there so I didnt see what it said, but it was something like that.

Thanks!
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. - Mitch Hedberg

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com