Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA-5 DIY CAGE ??  (Read 2203 times)

TODDOW

• Trade Count: (0)
UA-5 DIY CAGE ??
« on: July 21, 2005, 01:27:15 PM »
I just got my UA-5 I ordered on ebay in the mail yesterday, and I am about to perform the DIY MOD tonight with the help of a friend who does a lot more soldering then myself.  Any last suggestions before attempting the DIY MOD? 

Also, I remember seeing a thread about building a cage for the UA-5, but I can't find the link.  Anyone remember what I am thinking of and know the link?  Or does anyone have any suggestions about building a portable cage for the Edirol UA-5?

L8.
 8)

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
Re: UA-5 DIY CAGE ??
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 01:50:06 PM »
This thread talks about making the rack for the UA-5 with the kitchen shelf system you can purchase at walmart.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=33503.0
Heres a picture of the rack I made( I refer to it in the thread).

TODDOW

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 02:46:45 PM »
Thanks!!  Here is what I came up with @ Wal Mart > Home Depot.  Now I just need to do the DIY mod and I will be in business!

L8.
 8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 02:48:28 PM by ThE mAd PaTcHeR!_© »

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 02:53:50 PM »
looks good man.  I think you beat me out of that one on e bay :'(  oh well I'll hope for the next one.  +T for diy
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 04:56:58 PM »
looks good man.  I think you beat me out of that one on e bay :'(  oh well I'll hope for the next one.  +T for diy

Yeah, nice setup.  Once I get mine back from busman2 I'll hopefully get some caged pics up. 

I was pretty happy overall with my ebay ua5 purchase.  Apparently the guy never used the freakin' thing.  Absolutely no signs of wear whatsoever.  There's no scratches on the case or marks around the cable inputs.  With the 10% disc. my total was $194 after a $199+S&H BIN.  I was watching another ua5 that did not have the BIN option at the time.  It ended the next day for $260...AND I think it had been used a bit more.  >:D  Sweeeeeet!
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com