Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Chopped Sony PCM-A10  (Read 16411 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Chopped Sony PCM-A10
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2023, 05:14:21 PM »
Ah, the tricks of the trade revealed  >:D
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline robgronotte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2024, 08:36:23 AM »
This thread is a bit old, but I just found it and honestly am a bit confused. Why do so many people think this tiny device would need to be even smaller?
Removing the mics only makes it such a tiny bit smaller that I really can't see the point.
Has anyone really had trouble getting one of these info a venue? I guess after previously having got much larger recorders in with no problem, this one seems crazy small to me already.

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2024, 12:51:43 PM »
This thread is a bit old, but I just found it and honestly am a bit confused. Why do so many people think this tiny device would need to be even smaller?
Removing the mics only makes it such a tiny bit smaller that I really can't see the point.
Has anyone really had trouble getting one of these info a venue? I guess after previously having got much larger recorders in with no problem, this one seems crazy small to me already.

The old mics are an eyesore and easily detectable by their bright copper heads, some of us want more  >:D options for certain venues. Before chopping mine, I would gaff the mics to reduce the visibility.

I made mine with the mindset that it would be a clamp rig or backup for board feeds, so the mics are useless in either case. Would make for a pretty great drop rig for field recording where size and not standing out from nature is also a concern.

That all said, my Zoom F3 took it's place this pretty soon after. It was a fun afternoon project to tinker with and could be done with minimal skills.
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline RyanJ

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Nine Inch Nails Live Archive
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2024, 01:17:14 PM »

Because when I'm >:D I'm bringing in multiple packs and recorders. Plus I never use internal mics and find them to be a waste. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
http://www.ninlive.com]
http://www.ryanjonik.com
Mics: Schoeps MK4s, AT853 (4.7k mod)
Pre: Naiant IPA v1.0, Babynbox
Recorders: M10, A10, Zoom F8n, Marantz PMD-620 (Concert Mod), TCD-D8
Transfers: Everything you want

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com