Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-100 / DR-40 automation (emulating RC-10 remote control)  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Smaug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I wanted to automate recording (with PC, arduino, maybe even a mobile) of my DR-40 which accepts a wired remote control, but I could not find the bitstream data for the buttons of either the RC-10 or the pedal remote.
It seems fairly easy to do since the signal is available on the 2.5mm TRS Plug(Tip:SIGNAL, Ring:DC3.3V, Sleeve:GND)but I don't have a real remote to measure.
I don't own one because i don't need it as a regular finger pressed remote and $40 is too expensive for this one time experiment.

Can anyone record the signal as an audio wave?
Or, better, measure it with a scope to tell if the signal still has some carrier, what frequency it is (455kHz, 38 Khz ?), and spare me the guessing work?

I hope this "soft hacking" doesn't offend the forum rules ;)

Offline Jonmac

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Tascam DR-100 / DR-40 automation (emulating RC-10 remote control)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »
I wanted to automate recording (with PC, arduino, maybe even a mobile) of my DR-40 which accepts a wired remote control, but I could not find the bitstream data for the buttons of either the RC-10 or the pedal remote.
It seems fairly easy to do since the signal is available on the 2.5mm TRS Plug(Tip:SIGNAL, Ring:DC3.3V, Sleeve:GND)but I don't have a real remote to measure.
I don't own one because i don't need it as a regular finger pressed remote and $40 is too expensive for this one time experiment.

Can anyone record the signal as an audio wave?
Or, better, measure it with a scope to tell if the signal still has some carrier, what frequency it is (455kHz, 38 Khz ?), and spare me the guessing work?

I hope this "soft hacking" doesn't offend the forum rules ;)

It may be just a 'Resistive' type of remote control,  many wired controls seem to be.

Zoom H1, Zoom H2, Zoom H6, Tascam DR-40, Tascam Dr-05, Homebrew mic's, C2 Cardioids

Offline Smaug

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
It may be just a 'Resistive' type of remote control,  many wired controls seem to be.

The remote has several buttons and can work wirelessly (undocked, only with DR100), which requires pulsed operation.
I doubt the electrical signal can be that simple.

Offline ioannist

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 01:36:57 PM »

You can find some info on the RC-10 (DR-40 remote controller) communication protocol here...

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/1062

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com