Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom H2 software update problem  (Read 8579 times)

Offline skyfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Zoom H2 software update problem
« on: August 26, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
Hi,
I am getting an error when I try to upgrade the software from Version 1.10 to Version 1.90. I am following instructions - using an SD card (NOT an SDHC) and have the unit plugged into AC.

When I try to update, the microphone wants to be on 1.30 as minimal, to get upgraded to 1.90.

Is there a place to obtain older versions of the Software? I had no success looking on the website of Zoom or searching in google.

Thanks!
skfl.

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
Re: Zoom H2 software update problem
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »
Are you attempting to use the card reader function of the H2 on a Mac?  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1216719?start=0&tstart=0

I think you need to use a card reader of some kind to transfer the firmware update file to the card, then insert the card into the H2.

Fran

Offline clay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Zoom H2 software update problem
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:40:18 AM »
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, I had a problem upgrading from firmware 1.4 to 1.9 and the solutions wasn't obvious to me so I am posting here in case someone else has the same problem.

Here is what I was seeing on my zoom h2:
Version Up
System : 1.40 => ****
Boot : 1.02

When I click OK, it indicates a file transfer and then Error please power off.

I resolved this by using an old 512mb sd card with nothing on it and copying only the firmware system.bin file to the sd card.  I then tried to upgrade the firmware again and the zoom recognized the firmware version as 1.9 and completed the upgrade.  I'm not sure if it was the older sd card or just having the firmware bin on the card that ended solving the problem.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com