Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz PMD661 formatting won't create a mplang1 folder  (Read 4030 times)

Offline DoonBug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Marantz PMD661 formatting won't create a mplang1 folder
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:03:24 AM »
I've had the pmd661 since 2012, never had a problem before. But now it won't create a mplang1 folder when I reformat the sdhc card. It records but puts the sound files in the .fseventsd folder. I am on a Mac OS X Yosemite. I've tried to format and reformat several times, taken the card to a windows 7 machine. But nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Marantz PMD661 formatting won't create a mplang1 folder
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »
Have you tried a different card?

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
Have you tried reformatting in the deck, not on a computer? I think using the OS probably changed the card structure versus reformatting directly to the card from the Marantz. I always reformat in the Marantz or in whatever deck I am using versus reformatting on a PC. You may be able to get it straightened out, but you may need to use a different card. Hopefully someone else who has reformatted on a mac will chime in.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »
Have you tried reformatting in the deck, not on a computer? I think using the OS probably changed the card structure versus reformatting directly to the card from the Marantz. I always reformat in the Marantz or in whatever deck I am using versus reformatting on a PC. You may be able to get it straightened out, but you may need to use a different card. Hopefully someone else who has reformatted on a mac will chime in.
I always format on the 661, never the computer. I use windows so I don't have anything to add regarding Mac formatting.
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline DoonBug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 07:52:02 AM »
Yup. Tried a new card, and reformatted in the marantz, not the mac. Problem persists. Do I have to update firmware? I am nervous about that, given some of the stuff I've read on Taperssection. :-\

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
Yup. Tried a new card, and reformatted in the marantz, not the mac. Problem persists. Do I have to update firmware? I am nervous about that, given some of the stuff I've read on Taperssection. :-\
I upgraded the firmware without issue, it was uneventful so I cannot recall anything about it, it was no more difficult than upgrading firmware on any other deck. I do recall someone had a huge issue, but I think there was a specific reason for their problem, one I cannot recall. Just be sure you are powered by an external source and have fresh batteries in case of murphy's law kicking in. Not knowing what caused your problem, there is a possibility the upgrade will not fix it. On the other hand, I am just guessing here and may be way off base. I'd still go for it, just to have the latest firmware which is totally stable and has been trouble free. One more thought if you are hesitant, does it really matter what the file is called, is there any other downside to your no longer having a folder called mplang1 ?
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »
Maybe check with Marantz for some cover before updating? Can't hurt.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com