Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: nak300 caps to ca9200  (Read 2074 times)

Offline kuba e

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
nak300 caps to ca9200
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:54:21 AM »
I found in the forum that it is possible to mod naks300 - bypass transformer to get more levels and shorten mic body . The mic's output is unbalanced, but with short cables there is no problem.

I would like to use shortened nak300 with ca9200. I would also like to power it from ca9200. I need the mod to be easy and reversible (I would like to use unmoded naks too). Is it possible to connect the cable directly to the mic's attenuator as in the scheme and picture?

The second question. I found omni primo caps on internet. I would like to make housing from tube and put into it electric circuit with FET (matched). Is it possible wiring according to the same scheme? At first glance it does not look complicated. Is there something I should be careful?
http://micbooster.com/primo-microphone-capsules/56-primo-em23-microphone-capsule.html

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Re: nak300 caps to ca9200
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 08:24:43 AM »
For some reason I recall that the Church Pre would not power the Naks...don't know why or what the circumstance of that was...I have both and entertained the same thought.

Contact our resident Nak Mod Man JB AKA Walstib62...he as done about any thing you think of to Primo Clone Microphones

If you want to keep them stock you may need a donor body set...he has emptied the guts out an cut the body down for many of his Phantom power non-battery "JBMod" Primo Clone microphones. I've seen a set that used a inch or so of the body that threads onto the Barrel you have pictured above for mounting purposes...maybe he could make the connections you speak of in that abbreviated body.

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline kuba e

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 12:58:53 PM »
Hypnocracy, thank you, i will ask Nak Mod Man JB. When i get some informations, i will post it.

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »
For some reason I recall that the Church Pre would not power the Naks...don't know why or what the circumstance of that was...I have both and entertained the same thought.

Contact our resident Nak Mod Man JB AKA Walstib62...he as done about any thing you think of to Primo Clone Microphones

If you want to keep them stock you may need a donor body set...he has emptied the guts out an cut the body down for many of his Phantom power non-battery "JBMod" Primo Clone microphones. I've seen a set that used a inch or so of the body that threads onto the Barrel you have pictured above for mounting purposes...maybe he could make the connections you speak of in that abbreviated body.

Pretty sure Chris did at least one set - but decided it wasn't something he was going to offer.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com