Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe Audition batch process question  (Read 2532 times)

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Adobe Audition batch process question
« on: December 03, 2017, 01:30:23 PM »
This is dumb, yet I can't get adobe to save files when I go through the batch process.
I have destination folder set correctly. Adobe process the files, or at least shows it's processing them. I see the files being loaded/processed.
But the destination folder remains empty, no errors.
I have attempted to save it in the destination folder, changing the file name in the source folder.
I've changed the file permissions on the new folder I want the files to go to. Plenty of HDD space to save.
Nothing I attempt seems to have any difference. I've googled/tapersectioned this issue and no luck there either.
Maybe a guru here can shed light on my ignorance.
I never had this problem before, but this is a fresh install and it's been years since I set adobe up.
I'm obviously missing something obvious.
This is Adobe Audition 3 if it helps/matters.
edit to add : I can save manually anywhere I point it to save to.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:17:56 PM by JackoRoses »
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline JackoRoses

• Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Re: Adobe Audition batch process question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »
"I have attempted to save it in the destination folder, changing the file name in the source folder. "

I'm not sure how or why you need to change the name in the source folder. If you've pointed to a different destination folder there is no problem of confusion.
I've tried both ways is what I was attempting to say.
First by selecting a new destination folder, when that wouldn't work, I figured I might as well try saving it in the source folder and setting the name different in the batch process window. I didn't want to overwrite my original files. So that is why I tried getting audition to change the file name.
In this case I have 24 bit files (original) and I'm attempting to batch process dither/downsample to 16 bit.
neither process would result in a saved file.
Sorry for any confusion.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline if_then_else

• Taperssection Member
Re: Adobe Audition batch process question
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:28:47 AM »
"I have attempted to save it in the destination folder, changing the file name in the source folder. "

I'm not sure how or why you need to change the name in the source folder. If you've pointed to a different destination folder there is no problem of confusion.
I've tried both ways is what I was attempting to say.
First by selecting a new destination folder, when that wouldn't work, I figured I might as well try saving it in the source folder and setting the name different in the batch process window. I didn't want to overwrite my original files. So that is why I tried getting audition to change the file name.
In this case I have 24 bit files (original) and I'm attempting to batch process dither/downsample to 16 bit.
neither process would result in a saved file.
Sorry for any confusion.

Obvious question: Are there any log files in Audition 3 that might shed some light on your issue?
Not sure if the troubleshooting guide also applies to this old version but it might be a starting point
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/962397

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com