Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: No Power MixPre-D  (Read 2035 times)

Offline jmitchell

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
No Power MixPre-D
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:34:18 AM »
I was setting up for tonight's Karl Denson and everything was normal.  I was going to run a third set of mics > MixPre-D > MixPre-6.  Everything was working, getting levels on the MixPre-D & on the MixPre-6.  I moved the battery for the MixPre-D, and everything went dark on the MixPre-D.  I have no idea what happened.  I switched cables and batteries, but no juice was flowing.  I got home and started trying to figure things out, but I am not having any luck here either.  I put a couple of AA batteries in the -D and I get the green power light, but nothing else.  None of the lights come on except the power light when switched to INT.  I tried to find some troubleshooting for this, but I haven't had much luck.  The manual doesn't seem to offer much in the way of help, and I am not really sure what to do next.  I'd like to have a night out where everything goes according to plan, but I don't think it is in the cards for me anytime soon.  Any ideas, tips, or suggestions would be most welcome.
AKG C451E, CK1, CK22, CK3
Telefunken M60, TK60, TK62
Studio Projects C4 Cards & Omni
CA-14 Cards & Omni
Audioroot Femto, Sound Devices MixPre-D
Sound Devices MixPre-6, Zoom F8n, Roland R-05

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: No Power MixPre-D
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 06:40:04 AM »
Stupid question, but did you contact SD's service department? They are quick to respond and will generally have a few troubleshooting steps for you to go through; if those don't work, they'll issue you a return authorization. Fast, friendly and professional in my experience.

Offline jmitchell

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: No Power MixPre-D
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 11:07:37 AM »
Yes, they suggested that I send it to them. 
AKG C451E, CK1, CK22, CK3
Telefunken M60, TK60, TK62
Studio Projects C4 Cards & Omni
CA-14 Cards & Omni
Audioroot Femto, Sound Devices MixPre-D
Sound Devices MixPre-6, Zoom F8n, Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com