Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RØDE NT-SF1  (Read 2305 times)

Offline chk

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: RØDE NT-SF1
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 08:26:23 PM »
I’m looking forward to checking this mic out. I’ve never used an ambisonic before, and am wondering from anyone that has, specifically with respect to decoding from A format to B format via software. How involved is post-production for what we do (generally mixing to stereo)?  I presume it’s sort of like anything else, you get the hang of it and it becomes routine?  Curious as this seems to be a pretty compelling, modern application of the Soundfield expertise in an affordable package.  I’ve done a couple blumlein onstage recordings with the LSD2 and I am really impressed with what that mic can do, and have listened to a ton of Soundfield st-250 recordings and love those, the ability to manipulate the height, etc.

Online heathen

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 10:14:08 PM »
A format to B format is easy.  In fact, some recorders will pretty much record directly to B format, but that may depend on the specific mic.  I know the Zoom F8 (and I believe also the F4) will save to B format with the Sennheiser Ambeo.

I use a Core Sound TetraMic, and the post production is definitely more intensive than with a pair of mics, but it's also not all that daunting.

What makes you interested in the Rode mic in particular?
Mics: Core Sound TetraMic | AT4031s | AT AE5100s | AT853s (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3s | DPA 4061s | CA-14 omnis | Studio Projects CS5
Pre: CA9200
Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline chk

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »
The Rode mic interests me for a couple main reasons: the Soundfield pedigree and price point of $999 w/ all accessories including software (thanks to Rode’s scale and ability to produce quality at reasonable cost, of course TBD how well they’ll execute).  I know there are others out there but this seems pretty attractive and worth checking out.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.103 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2018 Taperssection.com