Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Questions for Mike Grace?

(1/2) > >>

Chilly Brioschi:
Mike Grace is taking a few questions about gear.
Presumably DACs and Amps mostly...

If you ask here, I'll put it in the pool and see if we get answer.

"Why is your stuff so expensive?", probably won't get posted.

I was going to ask about power supplies and impedance matching.
  (but may mispronounce it to "imp-po-dence" matching, to see if anyone giggles...)

kindms:

--- Quote from: 108Ω on October 10, 2018, 06:58:14 PM ---Mike Grace is taking a few questions about gear.
Presumably DACs and Amps mostly...

If you ask here, I'll put it in the pool and see if we get answer.

"Why is your stuff so expensive?", probably won't get posted.

I was going to ask about power supplies and impedance matching.
  (but may mispronounce it to "imp-po-dence" matching, to see if anyone giggles...)

--- End quote ---

How about wheres the V4 ?

Gutbucket:
Put in a plug for a budget-oriented, no-frills but good-quality multichannel (6 or 8ch) USB DAC, basically a follow up to the budget2ch SDAC.
^In the form of a question of course, Mr Trebeck.

There is a significant hole in the market there, though I'm not sure the market is especially large.  The Grace pro-grade surround monitor controller DAC is mighty grand, as is it's cost,  yet is not well-suited for prosumer/taper use even if it was more reasonably obtainable. 

Tell him some tapers are doing crazy surround stuff like he does occasionally and could really make good use of it!  Photo below from the Grace Design site.. I was looking for the shot of him standing in front of the Spacebar surround rig at RR with the tiny umbrellas mounted over each microphone, but couldn't find it.

Gutbucket:
Closest I could find. Not the image with him in it, but Mike's post here at TS about it- http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=124531.msg1663673#msg1663673

Gutbucket:
Bingo- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.129239534771

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version