Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Talk between songs

(1/7) > >>

caitjim:
Hi

I'm new to all this and have what might be a stupid question.

Ive just recorded a show and am very pleased with the sound of the music BUT there was a lot of talking from the artist between songs and this has come out quite quiet. Do I -

- Edit each talking bit separately as an individual track to get the volume right?

- Put up with it and turn the vol up when listening to the talk?

Thanks in advance.

PS If anyone can point me in the direction of a Dummies how to process a live music recording I'd be eternally grateful. I used Ocenaudio for mine and was pleased but I'm not sure I used all of its possibilities.

tim in jersey:
I track out tunes so that the tunes start at the markers and leave the banter/crowd at the end if ever wanted...

heathen:
You could try parallel compression: https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=137594.0

tim in jersey:
Just noticed yer new here, caitjim. Welcome! Friendly bunch here. Check your wallet at the door, and have fun!

DavidPuddy:

--- Quote from: tim in jersey on December 13, 2018, 12:15:38 PM ---I track out tunes so that the tunes start at the markers and leave the banter/crowd at the end if ever wanted...

--- End quote ---

Same here. Some make new tracks for banter, but I like to streamline the setlist with only an extraneous intro track for both sets to capture tuning,etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version