Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Combining files question

(1/3) > >>

Melanie:
I ran out of time on a recording and had to start a new file in the middle of the encore. Can the files be combined and have a minimal loss? Bob

daspyknows:
Just copy and paste the remaining piece to the end of the 2gb file and there should be no loss of data.  Happens all the time.

danny3:

--- Quote from: daspyknows on January 03, 2019, 10:24:29 AM ---Just copy and paste the remaining piece to the end of the 2gb file and there should be no loss of data.  Happens all the time.

--- End quote ---

True, providing the split was done automatically by the recording deck.

Bob; was this the case, or did you manually start a new file?

Melanie:

--- Quote from: danny3 on January 03, 2019, 10:43:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: daspyknows on January 03, 2019, 10:24:29 AM ---Just copy and paste the remaining piece to the end of the 2gb file and there should be no loss of data.  Happens all the time.

--- End quote ---

True, providing the split was done automatically by the recording deck.

Bob; was this the case, or did you manually start a new file?

--- End quote ---
I did start the next file manually, didn't know any better. I hit the button to the right of the enter button on the Tascam dr40, did it right at the mark and when playing back the end of 1st file and beginning of 2nd file there doesn't appear to be any loss between the files. Is it still possible to combine? Bob

lmgbtapes:
Yes.. simply use a program like Audacity, drag your files one after the other, make sure there are no fades inserted, make sure there's no space between the files, and then highlight the whole selection -> render as [whatever file format you wish]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version