Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

I need some advice from open tapers...

(1/9) > >>

TheMetalist:
I usually stealth. That's actually the only option recording concerts here in Sweden. We don't have the same culture and history with open taping as in the US. The thing is that I'm going to a huge festival this summer that actually allows recording and filming shows. I really like the idea of being more relaxed without the need of being a human microphone stand. Well, here's my concern:

1. No stands are allowed. Not even selfie sticks.
2. No dedicated space for tapers are available.
3. No seats are available.
4. I doubt I will be able to attach the mics to anything at the festival area. Not 100% sure, but that would be a challange in itself.

So, what can I do to avoid having my gear attached to my body. Scissors chairs and camping chairs are allowed though but I'm not really enjoyed by the thought of recording behind everyones back.

Any bright ideas for a open taping newbie or is it an impossible mission?

:banging head:

Sebastian:
Open taping festival in Europe? That sounds interesting. Which one is it?

As for your question, you could get a boom pole that is standing on the ground while you're holding it with your hand. Does the FoH area have a barricade? You could use a superclamp to clamp an extension pole (like the Manfrotto 099b) to it.

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: Sebastian on January 07, 2019, 02:17:41 PM ---Open taping festival in Europe? That sounds interesting. Which one is it?

As for your question, you could get a boom pole that is standing on the ground while you're holding it with your hand. Does the FoH area have a barricade? You could use a superclamp to clamp an extension pole (like the Manfrotto 099b) to it.

--- End quote ---

This is a good idea; however, use a damn good shock mount. What kind of mics will you be running?

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: Sebastian on January 07, 2019, 02:17:41 PM ---Open taping festival in Europe? That sounds interesting. Which one is it?
--- End quote ---

It's Sweden Rock Festival. They have allowed recordings for a couple of years now. Unfortunately they don't make it easy for us.

--- Quote from: lsd2525 on January 07, 2019, 02:27:04 PM ---What kind of mics will you be running?

--- End quote ---

I will use Schoeps MK41Vs with active cables.

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: Sebastian on January 07, 2019, 02:17:41 PM ---You could use a superclamp to clamp an extension pole (like the Manfrotto 099b) to it.

--- End quote ---

Nice idea but they won't allow an extension pole like that. I'm actually pretty sure they would say it's a stand and not allowed. It could also be used as a weapon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version