Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

decent low-power (PIP) 2 wire mics

(1/4) > >>

jerryfreak:
cant remember where i read it but there were some mics that can do decent hi spl below 2V, it was some brand i never heard of. also i think some church and SP mics can run on PIP with acceptable results. ive seen several recorders with PIP in the 2-3V range, which is a little low for 4063s which are relatively expensive as well

they dont need to be off-the-shelf necessarily. if resistor mods can help accomplish the same thing, they are fair game

heathen:
Though I'm not optimistic about the results, I will be testing the Sennheiser MKE2 mics this Friday with only PiP from my Roland R-05.  If by some miracle they perform well, I'll be shouting from the mountaintop about it.

DavidPuddy:

--- Quote from: heathen on April 09, 2019, 11:22:44 AM ---Though I'm not optimistic about the results, I will be testing the Sennheiser MKE2 mics this Friday with only PiP from my Roland R-05.  If by some miracle they perform well, I'll be shouting from the mountaintop about it.

--- End quote ---

I had great results running mine with PIP from the MixPre 6 at a John Kadlecik solo acoustic show, though it wasn't a loud show at all.

Here's a sample of the first set (mke2 only): https://drive.google.com/file/d/13KCB7E_cEfybdPuEvYeQ_g3-4qSLL1hr/view?usp=sharing

If all goes well, I'll be taping a few shows at 420 Fest next week so I'll have more examples after that.

weroflu:
Oscarsoundtech -tram clones 1.3v

chk:
AKG CK77’s can run off 1.5V and handle pretty reasonable SPLs, though do best with 9-12v. They are omni’s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version