Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

PIP MOD for more power? Is there such a thing?

(1/2) > >>

down2earthlandscaper:
While trying to steer a friend in the right direction on powering DPA 4080's with the smallest from factor possible for  >:D situations, the idea came to me that - wouldn't it be great if someone offered a mod to the PIP on your M-10 or R-07 or what have you, so that the plug in power voltage would provide 8-ish volts instead of whatever the standard is (I think 4.5 or 5V is the highest PIP I've read about) and I think only 3V in most cases.
It sure would be nice to be able to plug your 4061's or 4080's straight into your deck and eliminate the extra cables and batteries that come with a battery box or external preamp.

jerryfreak:
recent testing indicates the official DPA equipment (d:vice and phantom>microdot adapters) provide 2.4-2.7V under load, the same as many PIP handhelds

max SPL TBD

4018+MMP-G:

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=188246.msg2300046#msg2300046

4061:

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=190152.msg2299751#msg2299751

morst:

--- Quote from: down2earthlandscaper on May 18, 2019, 03:16:11 AM --- wouldn't it be great if someone offered a mod to the PIP on your M-10 or R-07 or what have you, so that the plug in power voltage would provide 8-ish volts instead of whatever the standard is (I think 4.5 or 5V is the highest PIP I've read about) and I think only 3V in most cases.

--- End quote ---
Consider that this would burn batteries way faster.

goodcooker:

A Marantz PMD620 supplies close to 5V on the mic input. Easier to use a deck that does it already than modify one that doesn't.

ThePiedPiper:

--- Quote from: down2earthlandscaper on May 18, 2019, 03:16:11 AM ---While trying to steer a friend in the right direction on powering DPA 4080's with the smallest from factor possible for  >:D situations, the idea came to me that - wouldn't it be great if someone offered a mod to the PIP on your M-10 or R-07 or what have you, so that the plug in power voltage would provide 8-ish volts instead of whatever the standard is (I think 4.5 or 5V is the highest PIP I've read about) and I think only 3V in most cases.
It sure would be nice to be able to plug your 4061's or 4080's straight into your deck and eliminate the extra cables and batteries that come with a battery box or external preamp.

--- End quote ---

I have thought this as well. I would love to see a MOD for something like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version