Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Better Cables Blue Truth line Review  (Read 3644 times)

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
Better Cables Blue Truth line Review
« on: July 09, 2004, 05:37:56 PM »
After listening jpschust go on and on about how sweet these things are I sucked it up and bough a pair terminitaed on both ends with RCA bullet plugs.  I got them to run between my V2 and sbm-1 but they may also have a permanent home in my home playback system.

First the look of the cable..well..they're blue! (who woulda thought! ;)  )  Anyway very nicely built with a blue teflon outer sheathing.  This is my first time using bullet plugs and you can tell when putting them on they they are making a nice tight connection.

I hooked these up to my home system which is nothing too fancy:  A Sony STR-DE897 100w reciever, a Sony cd player and a pair of Polk Audio RTi8 speakers.  The Blue Truths are replacing a pair of RCAs made with Canare Star Quad. 

I was a bit skeptical but put in some Phish and took a listen....right outa the gate I was impressed!  The most prominent improvement was the overall clarity.  These made the canares sound like I had a thin bit of foam over my speakers and had removed it.  The bass was deeper and tighter.  The highs were more crisp but not shrill or brittle.  Again, I have to stress how much more clear the overall sound is!

Pics will be coming soon courtesy of Jonny.  I'll post an update in a week or so as they are supposed to get even better after being broken in!
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Brian

Re: Better Cables Blue Truth line Review
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 05:47:13 PM »
man i wish i had $150 for these and the ~$230 for a custom set of AM hyperconductor Lites

oh yeah and $200 to buy lee's Fostex D5

:(

can't wait to get some better interconnects!

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
Re: Better Cables Blue Truth line Review
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 01:13:07 AM »
which bullets, copper or silver?
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com