Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 Bit Accuracy tests  (Read 7688 times)

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:JB3 Bit Accuracy tests
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2003, 11:44:47 AM »
My empirical evidence with switching back and forth b/w AC and internals while recording is that it will crash the system, making it reboot at best or at worst freezing the thing and requiring a total reset.  This has happened twice to me and I don't want to chance it anymore.

Ask Jeff about it, he lost AC power last night during Victor Wooten and it seemed to keep on truckin'.

As always, YMMV

True the JB3 pulled the whole show perfect. even when the plug was pulled.

Due to my error the dat's were incomplete.

I was glad to see how quick you can stop the JB3 save the recording & start recording again. Much quicker than a tape flip.

IMO For the price everyone should have a JB3. even if it's just backup.
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2003, 02:53:14 PM »
So I did some tests pulling power in and out and everything was fine.  Maybe older firmware doesn't handle it as well?  I'm on 1.32.02

Maybe I'll start up a new thread on external power (not AC) - ran that successfully last night.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2003, 02:56:21 PM »
I was glad to see how quick you can stop the JB3 save the recording & start recording again. Much quicker than a tape flip.

Even faster than stopping and starting - just press the track forward button while recording.  That saves the existing and starts the new one in one quick step (takes about 8 seconds).
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline Willie T.

• Taperssection Regular
  • Namaste
    • My Site (down), well sometimes it is.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2003, 10:41:46 PM »
Thanks  for the info!!!
"Man or woman, if you aren't getting laid, you're being too picky. You just have to find that delicate balance between personal satisfaction and shame." -- Teabag

Offline InfiniteOhms

• Taperssection Member
    • LMA Uploads
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2003, 11:40:33 AM »

Even faster than stopping and starting - just press the track forward button while recording.  That saves the existing and starts the new one in one quick step (takes about 8 seconds).

that needs to go in the archiveal section under JB3 info! +t
ADK A-51s LE's > Oade W-mod UA-5 > Zoom H4n Pro if I bother to drag out a full rig. More often just the H4N Pro. My LMA tapes

Offline wbaldwin

• Taperssection Member
  • giddyup!
    • My Trading List
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2003, 09:52:16 AM »
Maybe I'll start up a new thread on external power (not AC) - ran that successfully last night.

Please do!  I'd love to hear what you've come up with concerning this.....

Offline joel

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • known in some parts as Jhudson844 or jamlivedotorg
    • jamlive.org
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 09:12:02 PM »
All this talk of people having trouble during the transfer to PC is puzzling.  Unless ofcourse you are still using Playcenter to transfer instead of Notmad.
http://jamlive.org

AKG 483>Busman T-Mod R4
SBD>Busman V-Mod R4

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2003, 10:06:53 PM »
I've used the playcenter so far without any hitches...  The only probs I had in any recordings we my own fault (level too high/low on UA5), or problems with SBD (loose connection first time taping).

I have found that my transferred waves have a header issue with CDWave, but it hasn't caused any problems per se...  I've always trimmed the front and back of my WAVs to give it nice clean edges anyways.

Sorry to hear folks have issues with their JB3s, mine been perfect so far (knock on wood!)

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2003, 10:54:59 PM »
I've ran my JB3 around 10 times & have yet to transfer anything.

I use it for backup & to listen in the car. Ride home ect. I do need to transfer Victor Wooten. I'm going to give it a shot.

What is this Notmad?
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2003, 02:49:30 AM »
i've been taping with my nomad since april and i've taped lots and lots of shows, probably upwards of 30-40 and I've never had a problem transferring shows or with the new firmware.  The only thing I've ever noticed is that when the drive is almost full or if i do a lot of deleting and filling with mp3s the drive gets messy and my shows get glitchy.  I'd suggest doing the scan disc and formatting the drive or whatever every couple of months or so depending on the amound of shows you tape with it.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com