Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam US-122L...power adaptor?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline BruPri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam US-122L...power adaptor?
« on: December 27, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »
Anybody here using a US-122L as a stand alone mic pre? How would one adapt a battery pack for the USB input jack? Thanks in advance :)

Offline BruPri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tascam US-122L...power adaptor?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 01:05:07 AM »
Ok, I guess nobody uses one of these or the question is too obtuse. I discovered my IPOD AC adaptor powers the USB in on the 122 nicely. One question if anybody is reading this...how can a device such as this that uses USB 5v/500Ma power, provide phantom power for condensers? Do they step up the voltage or is it just passing the 5 volts to the mic and it works because 5v is enough for some condensers. Anyone? Mics used successfully, a pair of CAD 1200, and a pair of M-Audio Lunas.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Tascam US-122L...power adaptor?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »
Ok, I guess nobody uses one of these or the question is too obtuse. I discovered my IPOD AC adaptor powers the USB in on the 122 nicely. One question if anybody is reading this...how can a device such as this that uses USB 5v/500Ma power, provide phantom power for condensers? Do they step up the voltage or is it just passing the 5 volts to the mic and it works because 5v is enough for some condensers. Anyone? Mics used successfully, a pair of CAD 1200, and a pair of M-Audio Lunas.

this preamp "ramps up" the voltage the same way others do.

This USB interface may or may not work standalone. Try it out though.
Some usb devices have to be connected to a computer to route the signal to the outputs or modified with a jumper. I never tried it since it would be a bear to run in the field with the big knobs on top,only used it with my laptop. Worked well enough. Just sold it on ebay for 70 bucks.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com