Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problems with an extension power cable?  (Read 2411 times)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Problems with an extension power cable?
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:45:26 PM »
Can anyone think of potential problems with creating a extension cable (for lack of a better term) with a male tamiya plug on one end and a female tamiya plug on the other? Trying to find someone to hack up the existing cables on my batteries is providing less than easy, and now that I have a bag which is conductive to external batteries, I'm considering just keeping the RC batteries outside of my FR2-LE and have the batteries in another pocket.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Problems with an extension power cable?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:34:38 PM »
Bought the supplies, and here is what I ended up with.

Battery > cable > Tamiya male > Tamiya female > cable > Tamiya male > tamiya female > cable > Fr2-le

The middle female > cable > male is the new addition. The unit fires up as normal, nothing wrong there. the crimp is wicked ugly on one connection, might go back and redo that later, but it works. I wonder how much resistance has been added and if thats going to impact long-term usage of the battery (say a 10% reduction in time). I don't know, test for later I guess.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com