Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Webcast advice (ext mic > macbook + external firewire cam) needed  (Read 2772 times)

Offline atleast6characters

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • The Brew Dot Biz
Ok, so I'll preface this with "TOTAL NOOB".

That said, here's the gear we have to use for a live concert webcast:

computer/camera gear:

macbook pro (brand new, very capable)
logitech firewire webcam ($180, auto focus etc...don't know the model, don't have it with me)
m-audio fast track pro

mic setup:
AT853's >
L/R XLR >
phantom adapter >
1/8" wire out (usually for r09)

So, I'm looking for some good advice on an effective, and quality way to set this stuff up.

It's important that the r09 is still used in whatever setup is achieved, as I still need to record/archive the audio portion of the show.

My initial (noob) thought is to somehow split off the 1/8" into a 1/8" in and 2x1/8" out with one going to the computer and one going to the r09. However, I know that there are issues with "balanced" and "unbalanced" and wanted to check here before leaving. The webcasting is going to happen in the USVI starting next Wednesday evening, so I'd like to know that the setup I will be attempting will work...and if not, try to get the necessary parts to get it perfect before leaving the continental US. Stuff ain't cheap on those islands! :)

Sorry for the long-winded message. Any help, pointers anything would be greatly appreciated.

“This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.”

AT853's > ua-5 Busmod > Optical > iRiver iHP-120
Webcast'd 853's > m-audio FT Pro > HP > Adobe Flash Media LIVE

LMA Shows http://tiny.cc/al6cBREW

i have a real nice multi-speed vibe that i'm going to use as rhythm tracks in a song i'm writing.

Offline gearscout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Webcast advice (ext mic > macbook + external firewire cam) needed
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »
It would appear that you have all the necessary kit.  If you really want to make a recording at the same time, you might rent a mixer and the necessary 1/8" adapter cables.

What program/site will you use to broadcast this?

That's probably NOT a Logitech webcam...since they don't make a firewire version that I'm aware of.  iSight makes some for Mac...very expensive, of course!

The biggest challenge may be the internet connection to broadcast this...give us the URL and we'll check it out!

;) 

Offline nickee

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Webcast advice (ext mic > macbook + external firewire cam) needed
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:03 AM »
My initial (noob) thought is to somehow split off the 1/8" into a 1/8" in and 2x1/8" out with one going to the computer and one going to the r09.

The R09 has optical out and the the Macbook has optical in. No need to get any more complicated than that.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com