Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: First 2cam mix  (Read 3288 times)

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
First 2cam mix
« on: September 28, 2004, 03:58:05 AM »
I don't really wanna brag... well actually I do.  Since I started filming thats what I've always wanted to do, so i did.

Used Vegas video for the video portion, mixed in sbd/dat/cam auds with cool edit.

the things i learned.  45 mins of footage = the better half of 4 days, 2-3 hours each day.  but man is it worth in the end.

btw the band is  3 inches of blood:

http://www3.telus.net/public/a5a32245/3inches07-06-2004.wmv

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: First 2cam mix
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 09:17:52 AM »
Hey - the video production look great!   It's kinda tough to judge the sound (anyone who downloads this will understand...)

I'd hate to be that guy's vocal cords!
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline Chad817

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 11:06:58 AM »
what kind of camera did you use?  Looks great for low light conditions.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 07:26:28 PM »
left angle: sony dcr-trv18
right angle: sony dcr-trv240

thanks for the luv guys +T to the both a ya.

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 02:26:25 AM »
left angle: sony dcr-trv18

cool! I've got one.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline mizary

• Taperssection Member
  • Bam!
    • Go buy some Elvis stuff!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 12:06:11 PM »
I've got a trv-22 and like it alot...  I've actually been looking on ebay for a 2nd one.  Mmmm.... 2 cam mix...

I shot a wedding last sunday...  I wish I had a second cam for that.

--mizary
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Offline sidewalksnoozer

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 03:42:36 PM »
i have a trv22 as well. used mainly for goofing off and stealthing shows, i LOVE mine.

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 07:41:14 PM »
looks good, firmdragon! man, you only 2-3 hours a day for 4 days? you're getting off lucky. lol

i'm in the middle of a 2-cam project and i've spent approximately 20 hours on mixixng the first 45 minutes. now i just have to do the other 45 minutes and then encode.  :o

on the constructive criticism side, it looks like that video was from a handheld source... if you're so inclined, you can actually get plugins that reduce the shakiness of the video sources. (i've been doing that in the shaky spots for the handheld cam in my current project). it requires more rendering time, but in the end, it's worth it.

also, i personally haven't messed with Vegas - not yet anyway - but is there a Levels filter in Vegas? it's worth checking out, as doing a simple adjustment on the RGB levels can work wonders for the overall appearance of the video (especially in low lit concert settings).

rock on.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 09:53:28 PM »
yeah i've done a few more multi cams since that one.  i'm glad to say it doesn't take me as long anyore.

yeah both are handhelds, no shoulder mounters here.   could you point me in the direction of the the i guess image stabilizer plugins?  normally, if the shakeyness is too shakey, i'll just cut to other angle.  if both angles are shaky at the same time (yeah it happens), then well i'm s.o.l.

yep, there are level filters with vegas.  i haven't actually played around w/ plugins or any of thing like that yet.  actually the main reason why i like vegas is the previews.  which i find to be way better than premiere.

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 04:44:21 PM »
a quick Google search of "DeShaker" (without quotation marks) will point you to the right place. basically - as you pointed out - use a different camera angle during shaky parts, but if both videos are shaky at the same point, then you can pick which piece/clip fo which video source you want, export it to a DV .AVI file, and then run it through VirtualDub/DeShaker.

i'll have to check out Vegas. i have Premiere 6.5 and Premiere Pro 1.5, and i have to say Pro 1.5 is MUCH better at previews than 6.5 is period.

Levels filters are great. i'd only suggest using them on darker footage, where details aren't as easily seen. it's a very easy way to boost the quality of the footage quickly.

happy editing.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com