Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-44 DC power jack dimensions?  (Read 3826 times)

Offline sanaka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Perpetual n00b
    • My first Dead show
R-44 DC power jack dimensions?
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:35:58 AM »
Heh. My new R-44 should arrive Wed., but I'm figuring out remote battery stuff now. Anyone know what diameter DC jack is on the R-44? Search turned up nada (suprisingly).

Peace

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
Re: R-44 DC power jack dimensions?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »
The DC in jack on the R-44 requires an "M" type tip which is readily available at your local rat shack...What type of battey are you going to use? the DVD batteries seem to work well for the R-44...If this is what you plan to use you also need a "B" end for the output of the battery....Hope this helps.

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »
The DC in jack on the R-44 requires an "M" type tip which is readily available at your local rat shack...What type of battey are you going to use? the DVD batteries seem to work well for the R-44...If this is what you plan to use you also need a "B" end for the output of the battery....Hope this helps.

And don't forget to reverse the polarity  ;D
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »

Why do companies do that?   Maybe to make more money on replacement wallarts...

Offline schoepsnbox

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »

Yeah...That too ;D

Offline schoepsnbox

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »

Why do companies do that?   Maybe to make more money on replacement wallarts...

One word........proprietary

Offline sanaka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Perpetual n00b
    • My first Dead show
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
 :D Thanks all!

I often forget how awesome Wikipedia is, and it turns out this article gives the full breakdown on DC plugs/jacks. It indicates Type M adaptaplug = 2.1mm ID x 5.5mm OD. Seem right?

I realize I'm kinda wanked in the head for it, but I'm going with a SLA battery that weighs 6 lb.! It is 9Ah, and will integrate into my Pelican box along with a charger and the R-44 wall wart. Must have power!

Peace,
Sanaka

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com