Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack Record Levels  (Read 1427 times)

Offline godbluff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Microtrack Record Levels
« on: April 15, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »
Gave my MT2496 a first run out this week and got very good results for a first attempt with none of the much discussed quirks but have a question about setting the record levels. I was using Microphone Madness cardoids>MM Battery Box/Roll-off filter into the quarter inch mic-in input. I took the recommendation from the manual and set the L/M/H switch to M and kept the recording levels very low but was still clipping all the time. After dropping the record levels to their lowest setting and switching from the M to the L setting I got things about right and from that point on the results sound excellent. However it's worrying me that I was getting pretty close to clipping even with record levels set to minimum. What if I need to drop the levels more at any time? I'm sure I'm going to find myself recording louder sources in the future and can't believe that with everything at minimum I'm still too close to comfort to going into clipping. Any other MT users out there who have had the same problem?

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Microtrack Record Levels
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:16:34 PM »
I had.
I modified my battery box.
I am also looking for a modded MT with less gain.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com