Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cable repair help needed, BNC>1/8"  (Read 2081 times)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Cable repair help needed, BNC>1/8"
« on: April 30, 2007, 02:01:59 PM »
I have a custom BNC > 1/8" cable that Klay Anderson built for me some 4 years ago.

The cable is failing (from what I can see) where it met the 1/8" connector and I have no cable repair skills.

I sent the cable back to Klay who claims he can find nothing wrong with the cable (IMHO, all he did was send it back to me as the last time I sent it out for repair, he was sure to get in touch on the return shipping costs).

This is the cable I use to stealth my Schoeps gear with and it has seen its share of hard use, so I expected to have to get it repaired from time to time.

If you are able to give it a go, please reply or PM me, as I would like to have this back in hand as soon as possible, as it makes stealthing a lot easier than using RS cables and adapters.

I would also be game on a new cable, but it would have to be a low profile cable @ the BNC side, as space and size in important.  Here is the current cable: http://www.tikcuf.us/photos/v/stealthcable/ for comparison and/or imput

Thanks
Greg

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Cable repair help needed, BNC>1/8"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »
I have a custom BNC > 1/8" cable that Klay Anderson built for me some 4 years ago.

The cable is failing (from what I can see) where it met the 1/8" connector and I have no cable repair skills.

I sent the cable back to Klay who claims he can find nothing wrong with the cable (IMHO, all he did was send it back to me as the last time I sent it out for repair, he was sure to get in touch on the return shipping costs).

This is the cable I use to stealth my Schoeps gear with and it has seen its share of hard use, so I expected to have to get it repaired from time to time.

If you are able to give it a go, please reply or PM me, as I would like to have this back in hand as soon as possible, as it makes stealthing a lot easier than using RS cables and adapters.

I would also be game on a new cable, but it would have to be a low profile cable @ the BNC side, as space and size in important.  Here is the current cable: http://www.tikcuf.us/photos/v/stealthcable/ for comparison and/or imput

Thanks
Greg

I could take a look at it for you. So this cable is BNC to 3.5 mm?

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com