Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-60D - 4 Channel recorder  (Read 111215 times)

tomuo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Tascam DR-60D - 4 Channel recorder
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »
Clarification: The Camera OUT signal is not interrupted by transport actions or write errors, REC start/stop etc. 

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 07:53:22 AM »
Excellent, ideal design.  Thanks for coming back on that.

runonce

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 08:16:45 AM »
Clarification: The Camera OUT signal is not interrupted by transport actions or write errors, REC start/stop etc.

Is this 4 channel output from the mixer or is this just 2 channels?

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
they posted the user manual yesterday http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/799/e_dr-60d_om_va.pdf

see page 44 for line input info

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »
Thanks for the manual link.  I think I'm going to jump - this looks like the perfect bridge between my recording equipment (esp mics) and my GH1, which so far has only been used with its internal mics (no disaster but not the Real Thing).  And it can double as an audio-only recorder (not that I'm short of them....).

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 07:42:46 AM »
Is the use of the record button to pause, as well as to record, unique?  I'm not sure I like the principle of pressing a red record button to STOP recording (at least temporarily).  Goes against the grain.  Usually pressing record (on other devices I've come across) while record is in progress is a safe thing to do, causing either nothing or the dropping of a marker.  I would have thought that pressing the stop button would have been better (then press record to continue after pause, or press stop a second time to come out of record mode altogether and close the file).  Still, I'll get used to it.  My order is in.

Offline rjp

• Taperssection Member
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »
My LS-10 uses the Record button as a pause as well (and begins in standby on the initial press of Record).
Mics: AKG Perception 170, Naiant X-X, Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox
Recorders: Olympus LS-10
Interfaces: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

kirk97132

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
Tascam still has not added any software updates that allow auto saving the files.  At least now they flat out state that if you lose power the files are lost and unrcoverable

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »
The ability to close the current file and start a new one simply by pressing the "forward" button gives a degree of insurance - for instance you could do that between each song of a live set, and if something went seriously wrong you'd only lose the current song.

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »
Interesting device.  Am I just missing it or does this recorder NOT have a way to power it externally?

runonce

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
Interesting device.  Am I just missing it or does this recorder NOT have a way to power it externally?

Four AA batteries(Alkaline or NI-MH),
USB bus power,
Dedicated AC adapter(TASCAM PS-P515U, sold separately),
Dedicated external battery pack(TASCAM BP-6AA, sold separately)

kirk97132

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »
The ability to close the current file and start a new one simply by pressing the "forward" button gives a degree of insurance - for instance you could do that between each song of a live set, and if something went seriously wrong you'd only lose the current song.
ok I guess, didn't read that in manual and don't have time right now to do it.  I guess that works , yeah sure if you wanna sit there doing that all night long instead of enjoying the show.  Still does not help with accidental loss of power or battery dying unexpectedly.  You're just fucked.  Dunno why Tascam can't write their software to auto save for the DR series decks.  They did on the HD-p2 so they do know how.  it is one of my biggest complaints with my 680. It has fucked me more than once.

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 05:50:57 PM »
I guess that works , yeah sure if you wanna sit there doing that all night long instead of enjoying the show.
  I invariably drop a marker between each song in a show as it goes along to make it much easier to find stuff later - so this wouldn't be an issue for me, personally.  I'd just end up with separate files instead of one big file with markers.  But yes, much more humble gear protects files against failures.

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »
Just got my tracking number, so hopefully I'll have mine before the end of the week (just about).  Needless to say I will report back with my opinion!

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 02:53:36 AM »
Just got my tracking number, so hopefully I'll have mine before the end of the week (just about).  Needless to say I will report back with my opinion!

Excellent, thank you!
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.117 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com