Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: couple more burn in questions  (Read 2327 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
couple more burn in questions
« on: October 10, 2005, 07:04:28 PM »
so i'm getting ready to burn in my bumble bee cables and ic's and jwmod460's. so i connect everything up, just like at a show, minus the recorder and just let it sit there for 50+ hours? I have an ac adapter for my V3, so i could let it go even longer. but in a quiet room, with no real sound, is there even a signal passing or is it just current that matters :-[ or is it pointless ???

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: couple more burn in questions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 08:05:21 PM »
my uneducated guess would be that if you have phantom power running through the cables, that would be sufficient...  ???
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 05:25:44 PM »
Tony, you have to run current through the cables to burn them in, so you are right; set the rig up like normal and provide phantom to the mics.  I ran my leegeddy cables for about a day (off and on) before I ran them for a show. 

It doesn't matter if sound is going through the mics, just the actual current flow is what matters.

Tim
thanks tim. thats what i thought. shit, i think i left it on for four days ;D

see you at albany p&f  :)

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 05:56:46 PM »
All this discussion about burning in mic cables has me thinking.  Is there a market for vintage cables?  If burned in cables make a difference in sonic qualities, shouldn't well used cables be in demand?  Also, I'm thinking about starting a burning in service.  Send me your cables and for a nominal fee I'll burn them in for you.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com