Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bulk Cable...  (Read 3196 times)

Offline jcrab66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Bulk Cable...
« on: November 08, 2005, 06:14:03 PM »
any recommendations on where some deals are on bulk mic cable. i will solder on the various combinations of connectors myself, i just need to know some good spots where i can buy maybe mid grade or higher bulk cable. thanks in advance for your help...
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: Bulk Cable...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 07:21:37 PM »
before brian beats me to it...

i know there is one thread just recently (this/last week) with alot of cable discussion about what type and where....but there are plenty of these around...i will try to find some later tonight if you can't

b
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 07:26:06 PM »
Good cable available in the Yard Sale from Fozzy:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=53654.0
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 08:08:54 PM »
before brian beats me to it...

i know there is one thread just recently (this/last week) with alot of cable discussion about what type and where....but there are plenty of these around...i will try to find some later tonight if you can't

b

gee, thks for the suggestion, funny thing is i tried just what you have suggested before i started this thread and all i could come up with are threads specifically related to cable with connectors on them, no bulk, I found only one thread relating to this subject and it was for high grade silver clad cable so as much as i appreciated that help it wasnt quite what i was looking for....

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 08:13:19 PM »
this thread http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=47382.15(which was just a few below this one, as i suggested) has bulk cables mentioned, and stores where you can get it for .78/sq ft - check around reply #18-19....i also said above i would look later....

obviously your search wasnt that exhaustive.  :(

bj
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 08:31:49 PM »
www.markertek.com is where i get my cable
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 01:01:07 PM »
What kind of bulk cable?

For canare or belden, any of the regular supply houses will do.  There is often surplus bulk cable on ebay but availability is unpredictable.

If you want teflon insulated silver clad wire, there are several vendors that offer that.  I found a place that sells the milspec silver clad teflon insulated 4 conductor cable in a wrapped teflon sheath for ~1.37 a foot @ 100dt and $.97/ft at 250ft.  That is about 1.20/ft less than the next cheapest place I found of the 8 or so vendors I called.  Unfortunately, my notes are under a pile of shit on my desk but I'm trying to find them for someone else here so I'll post them when they are found.

If you want a better deal than that, there is a guy who regularly offers the same basic silver/teflon/shielded/wrapped 5 conductor cable on ebay starting at 19.99 for 100ft.  Some people may be hesitant about the 5th conductor, but I have a hard time believing that anyone could identify an audible difference between the 4 and 5 conductor wire.  The audible effect is mostly from the silver, the teflon, the quality of the shielding, and the quality of the assembly.  If you can properly assemble cables, it's a great deal.

For someone without good assembly skills, the custom silver clad cables you can order from guys here on TS are the best value and they will have a resale value that your own cables will not have.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 05:33:17 PM »
+T and  thanks alot for the valuable info to all who responded

Offline sanaka

• Taperssection Regular
  • Perpetual n00b
    • My first Dead show
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 02:51:53 AM »
Have Inc. is great for Canare. And connectors.

Peace,
Sanaka

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com