Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Two Apogees run on one ANKER astro  (Read 2724 times)

Offline dlh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Two Apogees run on one ANKER astro
« on: November 19, 2014, 06:58:48 PM »
I thought I might be able to run all four of my pieces with two Anker astro pros 20000.
I made two parallel Y-cables, one for each ANKER.  But I've had problems.
The MiniMe and  the MiniMp don't like to be connected to the same Anker (the ANKER seems to see a short and shuts down.)

So here are the combinations that seem to work when connected to the same battery:
MiniMe and DR-680
PMD671 and DR-680
MinMp and DR 680

These combinations don't work: (causes the ANKER to shut down - apparently sensing a short)
MiniMe and MiniMp
MiniMp and PMD671
I can get one of these running, but as soon as the second device is connected, even if it's off, the battery shuts down.

So a question to those knowledgeable:
Is there an electronic reason that you're aware of?  Must be something about the power supply sections of the Apogees and/or the PMD671.
I might replace the PMD671 with a 661 (It's a bit bucket backup for two channels).  That way I can (hopefully) run it off of a usb port on the ANKER while using the other power outputs.
I'd like to hear about anyone using one battery to run more than one device.  I know it's a crap shoot, but I though I'd try it.  I've been using multiple DVD batteries and other LI batteries.  Trying to cut the weight.

I have made one discovery.  When the ANKER goes into "short mode" and shuts down,  you can reset it buy holding the power button until the voltage flashes.  (The instructions say to plug it into the charger to reset it, but this other method seems to work)  These two batteries are a new addition for me so sorry if I've missed something.  I know I can put them to use once I figure out all the idiosyncrasies.

Thanks
Dave
480b, 460b, Line Audio CM3, SP LSD2, AT BP4025, SP C4,
MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

DR-680, DR-100 MKII, PMD671, fr2LE, MTII

De gustibus non est disputandum.
"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Two Apogees run on one ANKER astro
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
This is not a short but more then likely a current overload that is shutting down the battery pack - most decent battery packs have overload protection circuits built in and turn off if it overloads

Just run more batteries or get a battery that can handle more current.
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline dlh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Two Apogees run on one ANKER astro
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »
This is not a short but more then likely a current overload that is shutting down the battery pack - most decent battery packs have overload protection circuits built in and turn off if it overloads

Just run more batteries or get a battery that can handle more current.

Thanks.  I thought about that too.  I have plenty of batteries; this was sort of an experiment.
I'll just use one battery for each piece.  At least I have lots of runtime.

Thanks again
Dave
480b, 460b, Line Audio CM3, SP LSD2, AT BP4025, SP C4,
MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

DR-680, DR-100 MKII, PMD671, fr2LE, MTII

De gustibus non est disputandum.
"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com