Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MSG/Metal Detectors/Android options?  (Read 2798 times)

Offline xdx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
MSG/Metal Detectors/Android options?
« on: July 30, 2018, 08:33:16 PM »
Hi all-
I am new to the forums, but not new to taping. I've maybe taped a handful of shows in my "career" - started in the late 90s with an old handheld cassette recorder (hard to believe you could once walk into a venue with that!) and graduated to an iriver (I know, it's old by today's standards) My gear is an iriver h140, SP-SPSB-10 battery box and SP-BMC-2s. I know not the very best equipment but it does an alright job IMO. I have no experience slipping passed a metal detector, as I've always chickened out if I knew a venue was going to have tight security.

I wanted to ask about metal detectors at MSG NY.  I am going there this week and would love to tape a show - I'm a chick so I know we have a few more options to hide gear etc.. but I just wanted to know how hard they search purses etc?? If there was any advice you could give pls PM me?  I was also planning to tape at PNC Bank Arts Center, I was there last week, metal detectors you walk through, I saw wands -- but they didn't wand me (maybe just the guys?) and did a really soft check of my purse. I am pretty sure I'd have an easier time getting gear in there than MSG --plus I wouldn't have to take a train back to my car if I get caught!  :bigsmile:   Does anyone know if my equipment would even set off a metal detector?

Second question -
Are there any options available for stereo recording through a samsung s7/android device? I've seen some options for iphones - I do own an ipod touch (I think it might be 4th or 5th gen..) but I don't think it's actually possible to record true stereo via a samsung just yet. It would be so much easier to be able to use the phone instead of having to worry about getting gear in!!

Thanks!!

Offline live2cd

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Facebook.
Re: MSG/Metal Detectors/Android options?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:32:50 AM »
check your PM's.
DPA 4060 [CS HEB] > CS BB
CA-14 (c) > CA 9200
CA-14 (o) > CA 9200
SP-CMC-8 Cardioids (4.7k mod) > SP-SPSB-11
pri deck: Sony PCM M10 | alt decks: TASCAM DR‑2D & Sony PCM A10

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
Re: MSG/Metal Detectors/Android options?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »
MSG easy if you know how. Your rig is small and you are (as you said it) a chick.  PM me if you need advice.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com