Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TS.com needs a battery maker.  (Read 18148 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TS.com needs a battery maker.
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
This looks like it might be the replacement for tekkeon 3450

http://www.batteryspace.com/highpowerpolymerli-ioncell37v2200mah803495-25c814wh55adrainrate.aspx

Nope that won't work  :(.  Each cell is a total of 8mm thick which equates to a stack 24mm thick.  Won't fit inside the case.  At 19mm we are pushing the absolute limit of the case size.  18mm would be best fo a total thickness.  Remember it was to be six cells total, two stacks of three each side by side for this style battery to be a viable choice.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:53:26 AM by kirkd »

kirk97132

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »
FWIW after spending about two hours digging on the web I only found one supplier that looks like they have that exact battery.  Not sure why it is so hard to find but I suspect it is due to the liability that these style batteries without a limiting circuit in place have the potential for fire/explosion.  There's a place in Korea and even with google translator I cannot begin to try and figure out if it's in stock, pricing or a way to contact them.  Then there is the fact they will most likely want a minimum order since they are a major manufacturer/supplier so unless we were ready to step up ab buy 200 pcs.  I don't know if it is even worth the effort.  Who's fluent in Korean?

Here is a side view.  They HAVE to be laid out this way in order to hit the solder points on the circuit board they attach to.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:10:56 PM by kirkd »

Offline fleish

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I've been safariing since before you were born
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
Who's fluent in Korean?

I work with someone who is Korean & might could help translate if you want to post the URL
Mics: AT853, MC930, AK40/AK50 > LC3 > KM100, ADK TL51
Cables: Audio Magic XStream silver, Kind Kables, Zaolla M1.5
Decks: D8, Busman Hybrid R4

My LMA tapes: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Todd+Fleisher%22

My LMA transfers: http://archive.org/search.php?query=-taper%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29%20AND%20transferer%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29

My LMA uploads: http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20uploader%3A%28todd%40fleish.org%29

Awesome. David said you were like The Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Shows up just in time with tons of gear, does a pro job, and disappears into the night! :-)

kirk97132

Offline fleish

• Trade Count: (4)
  • I've been safariing since before you were born
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 09:31:40 PM »
29 - 배터리 리스트

http://www.bkbattery.co.kr/list2/products/list2.php?pagenum=29&div=bclipoly&keyfiled=&keyword=

So you just need this translated? 배터리 리스트

Other than that and a few characters/words around the phone number (배터리 문의: 031-719-4750), the rest of that page looks to be in English to me ???
Mics: AT853, MC930, AK40/AK50 > LC3 > KM100, ADK TL51
Cables: Audio Magic XStream silver, Kind Kables, Zaolla M1.5
Decks: D8, Busman Hybrid R4

My LMA tapes: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Todd+Fleisher%22

My LMA transfers: http://archive.org/search.php?query=-taper%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29%20AND%20transferer%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29

My LMA uploads: http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20uploader%3A%28todd%40fleish.org%29

Awesome. David said you were like The Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Shows up just in time with tons of gear, does a pro job, and disappears into the night! :-)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
29 - 배터리 리스트

http://www.bkbattery.co.kr/list2/products/list2.php?pagenum=29&div=bclipoly&keyfiled=&keyword=

배터리 = "battery" 리스트 = "list"

배터리 = "battery" (again) 문의 = "inquiry"

And no, I'm not Korean...  I just know Google...

http://mymemory.translated.net/s.php?q=%EB%AC%B8%EC%9D%98&sl=ko-KR&tl=en-GB&sj=all

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

kirk97132

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »
Damn I just deleted a big reply so let me try this again.  I don't need a translation for the link is for you guys who are looking for the batteries.  Since they can't be found anywhere easily that is the only place I found any info.  If you want to keep the replacement batteries the same as original you will need to see if they can be purchased from them.  I didn't want to supply batteries since if I said they cost $x.xx someone might come back with well I can get them cheaper why are you selling them for this much etc.  I am just trying to help us all out and make it worth my time to do the work.  At $10 for the DVD and $20 for the Tekeon I am not asking much.  I am sure I can retro fit the 18650 style into the case.  A quick Ebay search shows that 6 18650 200mAh(original capacity) batteries can be had for $28 shipped plus the $20 I am asking means you could make your battery be in new condition for $48 plus shipping.   I don't know what a battery from Korea will cost with shipping plus most big suppliers deal in bulk only.  Let me know what you find out if you contact them
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:38:59 PM by kirkd »

kirk97132

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
29 - 배터리 리스트

So you just need this translated? 배터리 리스트

Other than that and a few characters/words around the phone number (배터리 문의: 031-719-4750), the rest of that page looks to be in English to me ???
Damn I just deleted a big reply so let me try this again. That page I found is just a listing.  I don't need a translation for the link, it is for you guys who are looking for the batteries.  It was asked what I found, there it is.  Since they can't be found anywhere easily that is the only place I found ANY info.  If you want to keep the replacement batteries the same as original you will need to see if they can be purchased from them.  I don't see prices and availability etc.  But then again I don't supply the batteries in this deal.  I didn't want to supply batteries since if I said they cost $x.xx someone might come back with well I can get them cheaper why are you selling them for this much etc.  I have tried to help by providing a couple links as examples but you are welcome to find the best deal you can for the batteries I need to fix the bad battery packs.  I am just trying to help us all out and make it worth my time to do the work.  At $10 for the DVD and $20 for the Tekeon I am not asking much.  I am sure I can retro fit the 18650 style into the case.  A quick Ebay search shows that 6 18650 200mAh(original capacity) batteries can be had for $28 shipped plus the $20 I am asking on the 3450 fix means you could make your battery be in new condition for $48 plus shipping.   The 3450 batteries require a more work on a more detailed level.  I don't know what a battery from Korea will cost with shipping plus most big suppliers deal in bulk only.  Let me know what you find out if you contact them
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:47:09 PM by kirkd »

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 03:47:31 PM »
Ok, and if we opt not to go that route, there is a cylindrical battery that will fit instead? Just so long as it fits the 70x100x19mm bay area (including wiring tabs) and we get 6 of them, right?
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

kirk97132

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
Ok, and if we opt not to go that route, there is a cylindrical battery that will fit instead? Just so long as it fits the 70x100x19mm bay area (including wiring tabs) and we get 6 of them, right?
Yep the 18650 battery can be squeezed into the space.  See here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=153801.msg1949289#msg1949289
If I were to go that route I just might put a big 1 or 2 inch wide piece of shrink wrap around the outside end of the case as an extra way to ensure everything is rock solid

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
I wonder what the max draw per cell is with the 3450 units. I'm assuming it would be when requesting 19v.

The reasoning is, most 18650 cells (over 2ah) are 2200mah (at 3.7v), but there are some higher densities but they have a different max draw rate.

Example: 2200mah, 2800mah
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

kirk97132

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »
Page,  Those cells are each labeled at 2200mAh in the 3450.  Which is on the low end of the 18650 cells.   So, it stock it is using 6 X 3.7volts @ 2200mAh/ea   to power the 3450.  You can get up 4200mAh cells in the 18650 style which would more than double the capacity of a stock unit.  I was just contacted about the MP3300 which in the picture looks to be the same.  I'll know more once I open one up.   
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:14:55 PM by kirkd »

Offline Dr.FOB

• Taperssection Member
  • USM69i
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »
Curiosity got the better of me and I broke into an older Sony L mount battery labeled 7.2V 4600mAh.
This one dated 10/2005.

Lo and behold, the 18650 cell shows up again.

This pack is configured as 2P2S.  2 cells in parallel with 2 in series.
The upper strap is the center tap, where the +/- come together.
From this configuration we can conclude that the cells are rated at ~2300mAh each.
On the nominal side of the rating for today's cells.
This configuration would yield about 33Wh. 

The business end of this pack reveals the PCB which provides various functions that might include overvoltage, undervoltage, and short circuit protection.
This circuitry might also perform cell balancing on recharge.
The C terminal in the center communicates battery status.

So, without destroying it, we can deduce that the larger 7.2V 47.5Wh battery is the same 18650 cell configured as 3P2S.

Indeed 1/3 larger.

Careful surgery might allow replacement of the lower rated 2200mAh cells with cells of current manufacure that could produce 2800mAh.
This would give us about 60Wh, right at what our favorite Lenmar packs are giving us.
So without the addition of another parallel pair of cells and the increase in case size, we seem to be at the limit of the L mount capacity until another cell density improvement occurs.
Neumann gear slut

kirk97132

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2012, 01:57:22 AM »
After looking at your pictures I could up grade this too.  on the smaller 4 cell pack, I could do an upgrade that would get your total capacity to 8400mAh no problem.  I'd have to open one myself to see how hard the soldering work is inside but probably would be the same as I would get for the Tekeon, which is $20 for the work yo supply the cells.   I have decide that labor looks like it is about the same as the DVD battery so these will be $10/ea.  OR until I can get buried and find out that it is a lot harder than it looks, and at that time I'll adjust the pricing.  I could get the capacity up to 10,000mAh.  Thanks for the pictures Dr.FOB
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:43:37 PM by kirkd »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.095 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com