Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new bag  (Read 2855 times)

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
new bag
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:33:55 PM »
it's time for me to get a bag i can run out of. i found this one

Every tradesman's most practical "passenger." Designed to sit in the front seat of your truck and secure in place with attached seat belt sleeve. Use the clipboard top for writing invoices, the large interior space for CDs, tapes, reference books, a PDA or calculator, maps, lunch or other munchies. Six exterior pockets hold change for tolls, a cell phone, or those too-cool cycling-style shades like my electrician friend, Tim Hagen, is always wearing. Seat belt sleeve opens so you can use it anywhere or stow it in the back seat. Made of stain-resistant, rugged 1200-denier polyester. Luggage-grade, reinforced side panels, bottom and lid. Black. 14¼"L x 11"W x 6¼"H. Imported.

it looks like it's a good size, w/ out being too big, so i can have everything hooked up and just have to run the mic cables. what are ya'lls opinions on this?

"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
Re: new bag
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:20:31 PM »
I own three duluth canvas packs and they are all stellar, highly recommended. 

as for this particular pack, what's your rig consist of?  kinda hard to picture if it would work without knowing what you're running.

good point!

lately i've been running just ua-5>d8 + jb3. i've been known to toss in a mx-100 also. so add 3 w-mart style 9vs. the at8410a shocks are kinda bulkly and if i take the big shure screens i'll need even more room. add blank tapes, misc. cables, and what not. still, i "think" all should fit nicely and still allow me to have everything prewired(w3/ the help of some shelving).

the bag i currently use is ~ 7x10x11 "cooler style" counting the pouches. i have to break it all down and carefuly pack it up to fit everything inside. a real hassle @ places like hob that want to see it emptied out. 

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:31:08 PM »
I own three duluth canvas packs and they are all stellar, highly recommended. 

That's just Duluth Trading (imported bag), you're probably thinking of Duluth Pack Company, handmade in the states.  They are nice, I use one when I hit the Boundry Waters or Quetico.
http://www.duluthpack.com/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 07:33:09 PM by Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan »
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 08:48:56 PM »
does that mean this one is probly a pos?

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:05:52 PM »

Nah, the Duluth Pack Company are just a different type of pack, mostly camping, canoeing packs.  The bag you posted is more like a Tamrac/Lowepro style bag, sections for gear, padded etc, the Duluth Packs are usually very simple design heavy duty canvass types.

Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 09:17:30 PM »

Nah, the Duluth Pack Company are just a different type of pack, mostly camping, canoeing packs.  The bag you posted is more like a Tamrac/Lowepro style bag, sections for gear, padded etc, the Duluth Packs are usually very simple design heavy duty canvass types.

cool, i was trying to stay away from a backpack type bag. found this in a farming mag. so i figured it would be pretty rugged. i'm just not sure, w/ out having it in front of me, how big it would be and if i'd be able to function more effitiently better.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 09:21:38 PM »

Certainly not. I have one but don't use it for gear. It's too big for what I carry . For equipment -JB3, AD-20, Wallyworld battery, JuiceBox, cables and mics- I use a Lowepro Nova 1. I'd say quality of the Duluth is comparable to the Lowepro. The mobile desk works great for keeping things organized on a road trip. Instead of having the passenger seat (Iusually travel solo) cluttered with maps, snacks, gadgets, etc., it keeps the mess manageable.

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 09:45:57 PM »

Certainly not. I have one but don't use it for gear. It's too big for what I carry . For equipment -JB3, AD-20, Wallyworld battery, JuiceBox, cables and mics- I use a Lowepro Nova 1. I'd say quality of the Duluth is comparable to the Lowepro. The mobile desk works great for keeping things organized on a road trip. Instead of having the passenger seat (Iusually travel solo) cluttered with maps, snacks, gadgets, etc., it keeps the mess manageable.

you musta seen the inside of my truck   :laugh:

sounds like my ?s been answered.

+ts to all

peace,    kirk

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com