Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Manfrotto Super Clamp  (Read 2821 times)

Offline mhibbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
Manfrotto Super Clamp
« on: February 18, 2004, 02:30:33 PM »
Anybody used one?  Do they stay together?  I'm getting real tired of those standard ENG clamps b/c the fuckin rubber cap on the screw breaks after about 2 outings and I'm tired of taping it up.  There are also times when that extension might be nice.

mitch
Oade preamp museum curator

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Manfrotto Super Clamp
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 02:36:44 PM »
Hey Mitch -- same problems here with that damn plastic cap, and without it I get nervous about chewing up stands, chairs, railings, etc.  I picked up a Super Clamp last month, only I haven't used it yet since it's been an awfully dry spell around here for good shows.  I'll be running it with either an 18" gooseneck I picked up at my local musicians store and/or a custom 2'-6' extension from APIC.

This clamp is *solid*.  Pretty big, pretty heavy, but seems super heavy duty.  Can't wait to try it out.  I'm sure others will chime in here who've used them a fair amount.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 02:37:27 PM »
Anybody used one?  Do they stay together?  I'm getting real tired of those standard ENG clamps b/c the fuckin rubber cap on the screw breaks after about 2 outings and I'm tired of taping it up.  There are also times when that extension might be nice.

mitch

Only thing I don't like about it is the size and weight.  There are others that work well (like the schoeps clamp, but another manufacturer - don't remember the name).  Otherwise, I have 6 of them to clamp onto other things besides a stand...
Southern Recording, Inc.
High Fidelity Audio Capture

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 02:42:20 PM »
I saw recently the makers of the Ultrapod now make the UltraClamp. Haven't seen it in person but if it's like the UltraPod it will be light, inexpensive and will work really well. They have it at B&H.
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 02:47:50 PM »

mitch

Only thing I don't like about it is the size and weight.  There are others that work well (like the schoeps clamp, but another manufacturer - don't remember the name).  Otherwise, I have 6 of them to clamp onto other things besides a stand...

Offline mhibbs

• Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 03:21:59 PM »
That ultrapod clamp looks big as well.  Really I'm looking for something small (ie FOB friendly) and functional...the ENG clamp is really a good size if it would just stay together.
Oade preamp museum curator

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 03:23:33 PM »
the rowi clamp isnt big at all...they show up on ebay pretty regularly under $20...just search for rowi...usually the seller has no idea what he is selling..I got mine for $9 shipped

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 04:01:14 PM »
the rowi clamp isnt big at all...they show up on ebay pretty regularly under $20...just search for rowi...usually the seller has no idea what he is selling..I got mine for $9 shipped

Cascade Media has them also
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com