Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Bit Bucket Project  (Read 20575 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: Raspberry Pi Bit Bucket Project
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 03:52:37 AM »
the only usb i know of with a digi in is the cancun series from digigram ($500+)

I would too.  It looks like there have been a couple sold between 250-350 in recent times...just a few.  But, I'm off topic.  Is there a USB sound card with S/PDIF in that might work in place of the Wolfson?  I ask, because I have two Pi's that aren't compatible with the Wolfson card.  I've spent some time looking, but everything seems to be USB DAC, and doesn't have coax S/PDIF in.  Anyone every seen one?

--Michael

You could just pick up a used Tascam HD-P2 for about $250-350 and call it a night (seem to be easily had for under $300 on ebay right now)

It accepts 24bit up to 192Khz on it's SPDIF
Where are these $250 P2s? The cheapest on ebay right now is $350 + shipping, with NO CF card. I'd buy 1 in a second for $250....
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline kingkita

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 08:05:25 AM »
I have a raspberry pi running open elec Linux xbmc on it,It's a solid lil media center!

Offline Len Moskowitz (Core Sound)

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Core Sound
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »
Any progress on this bare-bones S/PDIF bit bucket?

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »
This is awesome. The metering on the AD2k was one of the reasons I kept it for so long.  Peak hold is an awesome feature. I'd love to see this offered in a DIY kit as Jamie said. Does anyone know what came of this?
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Gene Poole

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 12:47:21 AM »
Any progress on this bare-bones S/PDIF bit bucket?

Seems to me that the RPi is a viable option.  I've got an M-Audio Transit USB and with a little tweaking to the madfuload app, it works with the RPi and will accept a S/PDIF in and write it to an SD chip.  Mainly though, I use the Transit with my Android phone which seems to be somewhat more stable than the RPi.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2015, 12:02:02 AM »
years ago i tested teh maudio transit for DAT transfer purposes, and IIRC, it dropped samples. may vary depending on host hardware.  i would test it extensively if using it for mission critical field work
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.187 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com