Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MOTU Traveler  (Read 11284 times)

Offline ingsy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: MOTU Traveler
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 02:04:32 PM »
The Traveler can be either pre-configured using a computer to set up sample/bit rates, routing, etc or you can do the configurations from the front panel (it's faster to use a computer though). Then the signal can be routed to  a feed via S/PDIF or Optical out to a DAT or JB3. You can run the Traveler off 12-volt and control levels from the front panel.  I still haven't tried running the unit off battery power (just too easy to run it off the lappy when you've got AC available  ;) )
I haven't had the opportunity to experiment with preamps yet. Lots of things to try; and I just haven't had the time to systematically test things out. My main goal has been to be able to have a stable, consistent environment where I can run 24/96 multichannel without being overly paranoid that I'm going to have a system lockup at inopportune times....and that I definitely now have. I do think that the recordings I've done thusfar could be improved with a decent preamp on the front end...especially the ADK's. I have some tag-teaming coming up soon and I should have the opportunity to experiment more then.

+ T.  Thanks a bunch for the info.  I think I may sell my warm-mod ua-5 and get one of these instead.
Mics: AKG C 414 B-XL II/ST, Nevaton MCE 400
Other: M148, AD-500e, AD-1000, ACM PMD 660, R09-HR, JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com