Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recorders with 4 or more channels that can "gang" level adjustment  (Read 7479 times)

Offline nak700s

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Recorders with 4 or more channels that can "gang" level adjustment
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
Although I do not use that feature, I have noticed in the manual that on the SD 744T, it is an option to use 1 pot to control levels.
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »
I'm pretty fascinated with the idea of a soundfield mic, and have been eyeballing the Core Sound TetraMic.  In the information on the Core Sound page they really emphasize having the levels consistent across all channels.  They mention that the Tascam DR-680mk2 and the Zoom F4/F8 can gang the channels to be adjusted by one knob.  I've seen Gutbucket's post about "modding" his recorder (can't remember the make/model off the top of my head) so that he can keep the levels consistent manually, but for purposes of this post I'm focusing just on the recorders that can do it internally.  Are there any others that can do this, besides the DR-680mk2 and the two Zoom recorders?

It's very important that the mic. pre-amps are closely matched for this.

The AETA 4MinX has the facility to gang four channels and also has a Soundfield option for this very purpose.

The Nagra VI also has the option to gang the channels to a single fader and also has soundfield monitoring software.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »
Just for the sake of posterity, and in case anyone else comes along wondering about this, according to the Tascam site the DR-701D can gang multiple channels.

With how similar the 701D and 70D seem to be, it's frustrating that they haven't given the 70D this ability.

While it's true the 2 decks are very similar in appearance, they do not share similar operating systems. There's nothing similar I'd imagine by design as there is a large cost difference. Even the color of the back lighting is different, the dr70d having the familiar Tascam orangish color and the dr701d having an also familiar gray back lighting. The menu structure is also totally different. Could the internals of the dr70d support an OS like the dr701d? That's the question, but I don't know the answer.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:50:58 AM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline mysticeyes

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 08:50:54 AM »
I'm wondering whether the $399, yet to be released, Marantz 706 can do this.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com