Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is it time to retire my Roland RO-9?  (Read 2508 times)

Offline schoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Is it time to retire my Roland RO-9?
« on: October 30, 2013, 07:16:52 AM »
OK since last May I`ve been having a few problems with my rig (as covered in the link: Edirol RO9->Church Audio CA 9100->AT 853Rx help needed pinpointing a fault.)

So I was out at a gig last night and on taping duties for the first time in a while. All went fine until I put the file onto the computer (see attached)

After 1hr 27 one channel drops out but there doesn't seem to be any reduction in quality.

The RO-9 is the last piece of kit I haven't  upgraded. Is it time for a change of recorder. I`m thinking something Sony PCM M10 shaped.

Opinions observations greatly appreciated

Cheers in advance

P.S. Been messing about with the sounds from last night. noticed this annoying low buzz / interference.  (See attached MP3). This could be just up to me: New Church Audio pre amp and not 100% sure as to setting it up properly OR it`s conformation that there is a load of interference from the RO-9 which is being picked up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:10:08 PM by schoff »

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Is it time to retire my Roland RO-9?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:21 AM »
I had this happen once and never figured it out so I'm interested to see it any new options come out it
I would recommend the m10 along with many others though if you ever wanted/needed to upgrade
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Marshall7

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »
I upgraded a few years ago to the R-09HR, which I really like.  But if I ever need another one, it will be the M10.

stevetoney

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »
Capsule issue maybe?  Can you get any repeatability of the issue such that you were able to isolate the issue to the recorder? 

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
I have a real similar rig as you (only the mics are different)

I say either a mic issue, the recorder or maybe a preamp issue

I've had a Church 9100 go bad on me once and sent it in for repairs, hence the reason why I mentioned that as a possible culprit. Least likely though I would think. It's only happened once though?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com