Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help needed to find the best portable recorder with really good internal mics  (Read 7710 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Hi Ed:  welcome.  finding a comfortable balance between quality and convenience is always a struggle.  I think the suggestion to explore in-ear mics is a good one. I don't know much about in-ear / binaural mics, but it's worth investigating.  If you're making stealth recordings the in-ear mics might look a lot like earplugs and shouldn't attract attention.

As for recorders, I think you have a lot of very good options.  If you really want an all-in one unit and definitely do not plan to use external mics I think a Sony D-50 is worth consideration.  Start-up is very fast, external mics are good (and they are adjustable); background hiss is low and it's extremely well built.  It will also support external mics if you choose to go that way at some point.  The D-50 is discontinued, so you would need to find one used. 

i concur this is one of the best options for recorders with built in mics

i am actually selling the one i just bought from bass_ur_face as i bought it for digi in and it doesnt play nice with my mytek....
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com