Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A couple Samplitude questions  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Əkoostikal

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • One of these days....
A couple Samplitude questions
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »
My laptop died and I am borrowing one from a friend and I have some tracking to do using Samplitude. I have messed with it enough to get around but I have 2 main questions.

1. How do I track a recording for CD so that the markers split without SBE's?.... I placed markers using the orange "T" marker button and they resulted in SBE's when I split. Should I use a different marker button or is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

2. When working with multiple files, how do I add or import a new audio file into a new track.... IE. if I have a multi-track project and I want to import new audio into "track #3" it always seems to import and the end of "track #1" ultimately I would like to import the new audio at a selected marker in whichever track I choose but if I can't do the marker point I can live with that. I can not however deal with the audio importing to track #1 every time.

Any help would be appreciated!
BONGWATER via Etree:

"Phil Keeps on growing, never even slowing, never really knowing all of the minds he's really blowing!!!!!"

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: A couple Samplitude questions
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
I'm not sure if Samplitude will track without SBEs. I always use CDWave for tracking.

To import a file in a particular track first click on the track and the location in the track before you import. If you want it to be at the very beginning of the track I usually click on the track then hit the home key to get it to the very beginning. If you want it a certain point in the track just click there and the track will start there when imported.

Hope this helps.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
Re: A couple Samplitude questions
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:50 PM »
Samplitude has a couple of different types of markers.  If you use CD index markers and a 16/44 source, it should be fine.  However I've seen SBE when exporting a down sampled 24/96.  I use flac frontend configured to fix SBEs when compressing the 16bit result and occasionally I see it carry samples forward. 
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com