Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: seeding a torrent - request for assistance --  (Read 2259 times)

Offline One Cylinder

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
seeding a torrent - request for assistance --
« on: November 19, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »
Trying to seed over at btree and keep getting c@ck blocked. I've searched this forum and found a few helpful tidbits (gracias)  but am still unable to successfully seed my recording.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here's the gist of what I recently sent to the moderators at btree.org:

.... apparently I'm good with the "uploading" part of seeding process, as I always received the "upload successful" (paraphrase message after uploading. However, when I tried to download my torrent I kept getting this error message: "rejected by tracker - requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker."

The torrent I'm trying to upload is a recording of a recent Anders Osborne show, an artist who is considered "trader friendly" on btree. I'm running Windows 7 and using the Bit Tornado software. After discovering my inability to seed a torrent I reviewed the settings on my computer. I've confirmed that I'm running a firewall, but all the necessary ports for incoming and outbound torrents are open. I've also confirmed these ports are open on my wireless router. Lastly I tried running a different torrent software (Maketorrent) and got the same results: uploads are "successful" but  get the message   "rejected by tracker - requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker"  when trying to download.

TIA,
Paul

Schoeps MK4(x2) MK21(x2)
Schoeps CMC6(x4) CMC1K(x2)
Sonosax SX-M2, Grace Design ACM Lunatec V3
Roland OCM R-44

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: seeding a torrent - request for assistance --
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 05:11:44 PM »
Just wait.  The tracker needs to catch up with the web page.  It is about a 5-10 minute delay.  If you are still getting the error an hour later, then maybe there is an issue.  But, I doubt you'll still have the error.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »
Just wait.  The tracker needs to catch up with the web page.  It is about a 5-10 minute delay.  If you are still getting the error an hour later, then maybe there is an issue.  But, I doubt you'll still have the error.

this.  although in my experience with bt.etree.org, it is usually only a 3-5 minute delay.  in utorrent, you can right-click on any torrent, and hit "update tracker".  to update at any time (rather than the default time setting, which is something like 30 minutes).  so I'll hit that a couple of times in the minutes after I upload a torrent, and usually it's good to go in less than 5 minutes.

dorrcoq

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 12:43:22 PM »
As they said, it's usually a quick process, but I've had it take over an hour (must have been some site issues).  So as long as you did everything right...just wait it out.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com