Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Digital Monitors  (Read 2181 times)

Online crunchy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My List
Digital Monitors
« on: September 12, 2003, 12:02:29 AM »
Anyone use Digital monitors with their computers? I am thinking about getting a pair of the edirol monitors with digi and analog I/O. They are only $135, seems like a pretty good price. Anyone use these or something else?

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
Re:Digital Monitors
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 10:10:47 AM »
For low end near field monitors, you may want to check out the Alesis near field monitors. These are geared towards musicians whereas the Edirols are geared more towards hobbist. Until l can save up 7K for the cherry Earthworks Sigma 6.2 (yeah right!) I use the Alesis M1 with the Alesis RA100 amplifier as my monitoring setup.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 10:39:58 AM »
actually Im in the market to replace my workstation active monitors.
been looking at the Swan M1 and M-Audio Studiophile BX-5. the only thing I dont like about the M-Audio is that the low pass filter is either 56, 80 or 100...no bypass. I dont plan on having a sub so this crossover switch is bugging me...Im sure I could bring them into work and bypass the switch if needed....
the Swan M1 has similar specs but it appears as if they are no longer active monitors.

anyone know of any other active monitors in the $200-300 range/pair?
I'm looking for a 2.0 system, not a 2.1 - I dont like the added coloration in the low end a subwoofer provides.

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 02:22:40 PM »
i have the alesis m1 active mkII and they are sweet.  got my pair at guitar center for 400, i believe that is still the going rate.  i simply run them analog out from my echo mia card and they really do sound great, though i'd like to have something more versatile in between so i don't have to use my computer for all my listening needs.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com